Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed for parts.. Please.

Hi
    My Surf - KZN130 was hit yesterday by an old bloke in a car park..
    He has smashed the fibreglass trim around the wheel arch on the near side. The insurance repairers picked up the surf today but said they don't know if they can source that part as they have had trouble before and can't use 2nd hand parts, so may have to recommend a right off!

Is the part obtainable from Toyota and any info re being able to buy back your own right off etc most welcome. (Just in case!) Please.

you should be able to get it from toyota mate, if you go to the dealer tell them what you want and they will give you the part number or Nev might be along later with a part number. what model of surf have you got? i would help if you update your profile.
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

here you go
      http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=463
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Thanks for the replies and the link.
        I'll wait and see what they say, the damage is to the front bumper and the arch moulding mentioned. + fitting/spraying may add up to a right off I guess :-/
        I hope not as I love her, had her 5 years and straight through the MOT every time. Only done 92k as well.

94 3.0 KZN 130. Nice number plate ending in LUX.

Comment

I had mine written off post accident a couple years ago. I bought it back of the insurance company for a couple of hundred quid.

Used the rest of the payout to get truck fixed using second hand parts, and ended up with some left over

You will also need to get a mot & vic done once the repairs are done.

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring...cle/DG_4022107
          My other cars a QUAD
          (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
          http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Ask for a cash settlement in lieu of repairs . I can sell you the arch parts you require or maybe someone else on here if you prefer.
            The arches Roughtrax sell are not the same as Toyota genuine ones.

I used to be an Insurance assessor so I do know you can ask for cash instead of repairs.
            Where in Norfolk are you ? Toyota dealer in Kings Lynn get me all the parts for my 3rd gen in within 1 week .
            Rick...Member of 1st Gen club. ONE LIFE ... GET ONE !!

Comment

Originally posted by Vagrant No2 View Post
              Ask for a cash settlement in lieu of repairs . I can sell you the arch parts you require or maybe someone else on here if you prefer.
              The arches Roughtrax sell are not the same as Toyota genuine ones.

I used to be an Insurance assessor so I do know you can ask for cash instead of repairs.
              Where in Norfolk are you ? Toyota dealer in Kings Lynn get me all the parts for my 3rd gen in within 1 week .
              Ah thanks for that.
              I'm waiting to hear back from the repairers..

Comment

my 1995 2nd gen was written off in Nov ...the insurers took off the £200 salvage value and we got balance of £2800..got it fixed with used parts

Comment

Many thanks for all the replys.
                  Phoned today and they're repairing it
                  Should have her back on the 30th.

Just a quick couple of questions...
                  Does the alternator have a free wheel clutch pulley?
                  Do all 3rd gen surfs have the 185 intercooled engine or are some 130's?

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cazyp View Post
                    Does the alternator have a free wheel clutch pulley?
                    No
                    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Thanks! Someone asked me but not got mine here to look at!

Comment

Many thanks to everyone for their advice.
                        Got her back today with a new front bumper/side arch/wing and mud flap.
                        Looking good!
                        Now just got to get 2 rear quarter bumper trims and she'll look mint again..

Comment

Working...
                        X