Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive Belts (help needed)

hi all,
    the missus took the truck on road trip up north, and half way through the journey the belts snapped, i had no other choice but to get the truck relayed to a local garage (where she was stranded)
    any how, the garage replaced only the fan and alternator belts as they could not do the AC, when the missus got back home after her road trip, i decided to change the oil and inspect their work of the garage that she was at,
    to my suprise i found a bolt loose hanging on the engine lifting point, the bolt has an number 6 on the head of it. and the belts are squeaking on start up
    two questions
    1. does anyone know where the bolt is from ?
    2. is there is good hilux garage around herts or north london where i can take the truck to , so they can replace the belts

thanks

is the bolt long or short, fully or partly threaded?

could be either one of the alternator mounting bolts or tensioner boltas those are hopefully the only ones they played with
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

hi its a long bolt which is fully threaded

Comment

If its a really long one prob the aircon one?
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Yeah, if there's no aircon belt fitted, the 'bolt' *might* be loose if they've loosened the pulley centre bolt to get the old belt off.

It's loose because its the tensioner. Tighten the tensioner pulley centre bolt and dont worry about it. *

*assuming you're not bothered about having aircon
          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Check the alternator is well fixed. There's a long bolt that secures the alternator (mine loosed up which is how I know). If loose the alternator will be rocking around, but kept in place buy the tensioner arm.
            My other cars a QUAD
            (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
            http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Working...
            X