Mods to a manual 3.0 Surf...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mods to a manual 3.0 Surf...

Having just purchased a second car that does 50 mpg rather than 23... means that my Surf is no longer the family runabout and has achieved TOY status

So.... I'm thinking 2" body lift, air/air intercooler (sitting in my garage), winch, H/D bull bar, snorkle and a lot of MUD!

The question is are there any implications with the 2" body lift on a 3.0 TD with a MANUAL gear box?

Oh and does anyone know where I can get the upholstery repaired on the drivers seat? Ricaro SSRG seats...

Edit.... apologies if this should be in modifications instead...
    Last edited by Bear Ona Bike; 2 March 2010, 14:53.
    Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Originally posted by Bear Ona Bike View Post
    Having just purchased a second car that does 50 mpg rather than 23... means that my Surf is no longer the family runabout and has achieved TOY status

So.... I'm thinking 2" body lift, air/air intercooler (sitting in my garage), winch, H/D bull bar, snorkle and a lot of MUD!

The question is are there any implications with the 2" body lift on a 3.0 TD with a MANUAL gear box?

Oh and does anyone know where I can get the upholstery repaired on the drivers seat? Ricaro SSRG seats...

Edit.... apologies if this should be in modifications instead...
    First mod I would do is to fit an auto gearbox mate ;-)
    Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

On a manual the gate the gearstick comes through on tunnel may need massaged a wee bit so all gears can still be selected and to stop it jumping out of gear in the rough stuff.

Everything else is pretty straightforward.

Only good reason for a bodylift is to fit larger tyres, 33's. I suppose you are doing this? You will also need a 3" suspension lift to fit this size of tyre.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

The old girl has been too clean (apart from bird poo) for too long and needs to get muddy.
        I'd like to end up with something that works well and looks good - and preferably doesn't cost the earth.
        First things first - I'm just going to get some mud tyres, remove the tow bar, fog light and mod the tail pipe and go get muddy.

Then it seems the way to go is a 2" body lift and 3" suspension lift to fit 33" tyres. This will need some mods to the transmission for the manual box to work properly. Can I get the OE suspension modded? Or are there aftermarket shocks to bolt on of the shelf or do they have to be specially built?
        Fear of death is the beginning of slavery

Comment

Working...
        X