Rear Bumper 3RD Gen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Bumper 3RD Gen

Well had all wheels refurbed scratches and door chips done, but the Paint shop people could not do the rear bumper. It sags on the passenger side, this harks back to when Marky had the truck and assured me it only needed clipping back on ? Well the garage daren't take it off in case they couldn't 'fix it back on' they had tried the block of wood and jack to push it back in place but to no avail.
    Has anyone had the rear bumper off and do they have any pics or drawings of what the fixings look like ?
    Apparently I can order pre-painted fender stuff from Toyota ? arm and a leg I guess ?
    Death rides a Black Horse

Wow no questions,comments or abuse ?!

now that the snow has cleared in the car park, the office committee pointed out that the three 'bumper' pieces are neither scratched or dented, so could it be that the mounting bracket that is all that needs replacing ?

Roughtrax sell brackets, so would appreciate ant guidance before hammering the VISA one more time (before the wife chops it up...card that is )

cheers

Comment

I'll take a look at Yoshies truck on thursday for you, and post back my findings.
      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Many thanks Alan, much appreciated !

Comment

Hi john, where did you get the wheels done & were they powder coated or just tidied up with the tyre still on.

Hopefully getting a set of 5 from a forum member & will be getting them done as soon as, got a guy in castleford that can do them for £25 a piece which i think is cheap & ive seen his work & its $hit hot.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Hello Si,

had them powder coated but paid £130 for four wheels ! Had them done by Custom Paints at Doncaster thwy polished out some scratches and marks etc at the same time, now all I want to do is get that bumper lifted an inch or two on the passenger side, just want it absolutely pristine before I advertise for sale etc

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
              Hello Si,

had them powder coated but paid £130 for four wheels ! Had them done by Custom Paints at Doncaster thwy polished out some scratches and marks etc at the same time, now all I want to do is get that bumper lifted an inch or two on the passenger side, just want it absolutely pristine before I advertise for sale etc
              Not a bad price then mate i may give them a bell.

Bet you won't want to sell it once its done.
              If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by John h View Post
                Well had all wheels refurbed scratches and door chips done, but the Paint shop people could not do the rear bumper. It sags on the passenger side, this harks back to when Marky had the truck and assured me it only needed clipping back on ? Well the garage daren't take it off in case they couldn't 'fix it back on' they had tried the block of wood and jack to push it back in place but to no avail.
                Has anyone had the rear bumper off and do they have any pics or drawings of what the fixings look like ?
                Apparently I can order pre-painted fender stuff from Toyota ? arm and a leg I guess ?
                This any help?
                http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...43&postcount=1

Pic #4. Shows the side mountings hanging down.
                Pic #7. The two holes you can see in the floor above the chassis rails are for the centre section mounting.

Comment

Vince ! You Are THE MAN ! YOU ARE THE KEEPER OF THE GRAIL !

The brackets sold by Roughtrax do look different though, so are ther stud bolts on the back of the bumper sections ?

Thanks for the pics very very useful !

noteto self ...clean under side of truck...keep up appearances mutter mutter

Comment

Just had a look on Roughtrax and the 'Y' shaped brackets are the same as mine.
                    The two studs on each end of the long centre section are covered by the side sections when it's all fitted together. (If thats what you meant)

I suspect your side mounting bracket is bent (bumper side has been pushed in?) on the passenger side causing the bumper end to droop.
                    You'll need to remove the mudflaps to get at the bolts (10mm socket) for the removal of the side bumper sections. Spray loads of WD40 on them first though, otherwise they will snap easily if you don't.

Comment

Thanks Vince will get the yard cleared and have a look

Comment

Working...
                      X