Sav I Need Help With The 4 Wheel Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sav I Need Help With The 4 Wheel Drive

I Cannot Engage 4 Wheel Drive On My Kzn130 Surf Don't Even Know How To Test It The Light Doesn't Come On I Work In Forestry And Have Been Using The Moter Assuming It Is In 4 Wheel Drive But It Could Well Be It Hasn't And I Have Just Been Fortunate Not To Get In Any Grief Could Any One Tell Me How It All Works I Have Heard About Vacum Pipes And Solenoids I Have Had About 4 Older Pick Ups Great Simple And Easy To Understand I Also Cant Find A Manual For It Its A 1994kzn130

Check the links at the bottom of this page.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

sav

albannach i wondered what sort of bike that is bikes are my main love the surf i got for work it is not as good as the hilux pick-ups i have had this is my second surf which is great for some aspects of my job and towing stuff but i reckon iwill have to get a pick up as well i believe half the trouble i have had is because it is an automatic my harley has just cost me over a grand for parts to put in myself now i have to find quiet a bit of work to pay for it all so any help on how to get a manual would be so good the are great simple and primitive at least the earlier ones were i know i will get their in the end its more a question of when or how far into the future am i looking at

Comment

The Bike is an SV1000S with the lower fairings fitted.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

sav/ nice bike

the lines below didn't help much but i am slowly picking up some bits of info so i will see i have ordered a manual on a cd maybe that will help me out a bit along with questions i will do it my harley is just as alien to me ,i am at present replacing the cams in order to convert to this is proving different to doing Japanese/ bike i also have an fj 1200 much easier i feel like i cant do nothing once it stops raining i will know

Comment

Easiest way to test it is to put it into 4wd and see what happens. There should be a clunk and if you're got any grip at all, it will be a complete nightmare to drive. It will be reluctant to turn and feel incredibly heavy.

If it's not working, the most likely problem is electrical. There is some kind of control box near the stereo. Search for '4wd engage' and you might find more. Technical info will be somewhere here:

http://daemon4x4.org/portal/downloads.php

Comment

Sav Still Going On

I FOUND OUT IT WASN'T WORKING IN THE RECENT SNOW I EVEN GOT OUT OF THE CAR TO SEE IF THE HUBS HAD LOCKED IN OR NOT THE STEERING IS FINE AND SO IS GOING INTO LOW RANGE WHICH I DO A LOT ANY WAY AT WORK SO THE TRANSFER BOX IS O.K IT JUST LEAVES A LOT OF OTHER BITS WHICH I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT AS I AM USED TO THE MORE PRIMITIVE MODELS OF HILUX PICK-UPS WHICH ARE A GREAT MOTOR THE ONLY THING THAT EVER GAVE ME ANY TROUBLE WAS THE UJ ON THE PROP SHAFT I MADE SURE I HAD SPARE ONES AND IT WAS GREAT I COULD CHANG IN THE WOODLAND NO PROBLEM THESE ARE A BIT MORE INVOLVED AND I AM HAVE TO LEARN A WHOLE DIFFERENT THING WHICH TO ME WAS GREAT THE WAY IT WAS I WILL SORT IT I KNOW BUT LIKE MY BIKE WHAT YOU THINK IS GOING TO BE SIMPLE IS NOT. I HAVE A NEW TRIUMPH DAYTON A TO CHANGE A SPARK PLUG IS UNREAL I ALSO HAVE TRIUMPH TIGER CUB WOW THE WHOLE ENGINE IS EASY I REALISE ALL THINGS GO SUCK SQUEEZE BANG BLOW BUT IT JUST IS GETTING HARDER TO SORT IT YOUR SELF AND I DON'T LIKE TO BE TUCKED UP AT GARAGES WITH SOME CRAP I KNOW JUST DON'T SEEM RIGHT AND THEY JUST REPLACE STUFF DON'T MEND THINGS I DO GET HACKED OF WITH THE WAY SOME THINGS IS.
              ANY WAY THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP OR IDEAS.

Comment

No need to shout.....

When it's in 4wd, the transfer case should engage the front prop. If you get under the truck, you should be able to turn the shaft in 2wd. Put it in 4wd and see if it still turns. If it does, it's not going into 4wd at the transfer case (probably electrical). If it doesn't turn, it'll be the front diff not engaging (probably vacuum).

Comment

Or the fact it's not been used enough recently Adam, in which case drive it in reverse 10 - 12 ft (after selecting 4WD) then foreward n try it again !!

NB.NOT FULL TIME ON TARMAC THO (sorry for shouting Adam)
                  Good Luck

There's always a Payback .. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

sav thankyou

I Think The Idea Of Trying To Turn The Prop Shaft In 4 Wheel Drive Is Great And As Soon As It Is Dry I Will Do That Right Now It Is Raining Hard Or Has Been The Garage Is Not Big Enough For The Bikes And Motor. I Have Tried It Reversing But It Doesn't Make Any Difference I Have Always Assumed That It Was The Light That Didn't Work I Have Hear5d A Clunk Like Its In 4x4 But It Obviously Hasnt Thise Is The Second Surf I Have Had Along With About 5 Pick Ups The First One Gave Me Mechnical Problems Hopefuly Thise Will Be Electrical Or To Do With The Vacum As I Have Been Told Or Read About And The Disc If It Is Any Use Its Really Crazy That You Cant Get A Manual For The Year And Model Of Mine 1994 Kzn 130 And I Wonder If Anyone Would Say To Get A Different Year Or Whatever That Could Be The Same Or Simlar To The One I Should Have Or Maybe I Am Being Daft I Do Know I Know I Should Have Got A Manual One And To Change Thate Would Be Impossible I Think Thankyou For Reading All My Stuff And The Ideas Hopefully That Will Be It.

Comment

sav

could anyone tell me how the vacum bit works or explain any part and the solenoids how to test and where it is any other suggestions i cant do a lot except learn about how to approach it and the best way to set about it once it is a bit dry
                      thanks for any ideas
                      sav

Comment

This may help...
                        http://www.yotasurf.co.uk/Forums/sho...ht=wheel+drive

There's always a Payback.. Cos ya don't know where n ya never know when !!
                        Buncefield Burner

Comment

Sav Still Going On

I TRIED TURNING THE FRONT PROP WHEN IT IS IN 4 WHEEL DRIVE AND THE PROP STILL TURNS SO IT IS ELECTRICAL WHICH I GUESS IS GREAT AS I NOW KNOW THAT I JUST HAVE TO FIND OUT WHAT EXACTLY ELECTRICAL PARTS ARE INVOLVED AND WHERE THEY ARE AND HOW TO TEST ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT
                          HAPPY NEW YEAR
                          SAV

Comment

You may find It is a sticky transfer motor actuator shaft, a common fault.The actuator should be dismantled and the 4wd transfer engaging shaft moved back and forth a lot! The lights on the dash may not come on cos the complete circuit will not make until this shaft is engaged.
                            www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

thankyou for the idea wich i will definately try i have managed to ge a manual on a cd not as good as a book but i feel sure with a lot of questions and other i deas iwill fix it i have to do a rebuild on my harley at the same time i would like to buy an old hilux pickup as well
                              thankyou for the ideas
                              sav

Comment

Working...
                              X