Air condition belt adjustment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air condition belt adjustment

Just had a look at the air condition pump belt on our ssx 3ltr. As you experts know its located at the top left of the engine (from the front). The belt is a little bit floppy and screeches when taking up drive. Cant see any adjustment apart from a bolt that goes down behind the small pulley which has a slot behind it. When I loosened this bolt nothing happened so am wondering if something is missing. The belt is quite loose and the small wheel is at the very top of the slot. Is this how the belt is tensioned. any pictures of this area would be appreciated

you need to slacken the bolt on the pulley then theres the long bolt on the adjuster behind the belts which you then do up to tighten the belt then do the pulley belt up again after
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Originally posted by stormforce View Post
      you need to slacken the bolt on the pulley then theres the long bolt on the adjuster behind the belts which you then do up to tighten the belt then do the pulley belt up again after
      rich im about to do this to mine whenever i bl00dy remember!
      my mate showed me how to do it but i just wanted to check something. when you say the "long bolt" you mean the bolt head that is onto. you cant actually see the bolt am i right? just the head which you turn?
      he also said that if that doesnt fix it then to do the same with the next pully down? loosen that one and repeat the proccess?

Comment

Theres only the 1 adjuster for the air con and thats the one already mentioned.The next one down is the fan belt adjuster.
        If by adjusting the aircon and the belt is still slack then get a new belt.Remember to tighten the nut/bolt on the aircon pulley once the belt has been adjusted tho
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

okie dokie.

Comment

I just went to do this, loosened pulley belt, put 14mm spanner on tensioner bolt head, turned it slowly to try and see which way was loosening it... bolt head snapped off.
            where can I get a replacement, and any tips on removing the old bolt???

Comment

Make a new one with threaded rod and loctite a nut on. If you remove pulley it should come out with it.

Comment

Working...
              X