Rev counter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rev counter

Hi as some might have seen from recent posts I have just reset my cam belt counter.

New problem now........rev counter not working......I have had the clocks back out and checked for loose conections but still not working!!
    Just gone up the road and back and the speedometer and mileage counter are not working either!!! It gets Worse!!!

The only other thing that has stopped working is the digital clock and the alarm on setting is making to many bleeps as if there is a window or door open but these two things had just started before starting the cam.

Please has anyone got any advice I'm getting very upset now helpppppppppppppp!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by cara-croft; 13 August 2009, 18:14.
    You've heard of Lara Croft, she didn't own a SURF!

Hello again, was everything working properly before you took the clocks out, if so then you have probably just got a loose connection, i know its a pain taking it all out again but thats all it will be.

A quick tip; Before you put it all back together leave the clocks in loose then take it for a run around the block to make sure its working properly, then tighten it all back up. hope this helps.
    Last edited by si tate; 13 August 2009, 23:26.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Thanx Simon,

Its so annoying just when I thought I'm there!!!!..yes!! I've finished the job ... it goes badly wrong.

I will give it another go in the morning, I will very patiently take the dash out again and check it all and then do, as you say leave it loose at first.

I hope I won't be pleading again tomorrow night for more help!!

Cara

Comment

Originally posted by cara-croft View Post
        Thanx Simon,

Its so annoying just when I thought I'm there!!!!..yes!! I've finished the job ... it goes badly wrong.

I will give it another go in the morning, I will very patiently take the dash out again and check it all and then do, as you say leave it loose at first.

I hope I won't be pleading again tomorrow night for more help!!

Cara
        I know how you feel, you do everything by the book & don't rush it & it still goes t*ts up. .

Good luck.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

You've described it perfectly!!!

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow!!

Will it be or will it be

Cara

Comment

It didn't work!!!

I have just checked the 3 plugs on the back of the clocks, I pulled them out and then pushed them firmly back in. I've checked every fuse going (just in case) and still it doesn't work.

One fuse was dud so................ the clock works now, yippee??, I'd rather have a speedometer and use my watch !!!!!!!!

I can't think of anything else to check.

It was all working fine, the only other job I did between the clocks working and not was change the fuel filter, but that can't make a difference surely

Cara
            Last edited by cara-croft; 14 August 2009, 10:26.

Comment

did you get it sorted
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Hi Charvell,

No I'm still looking everywhere on the net for some advice!! Due to tow in under a week now, so any advice or direction would be great!!

Everything else is working its just the speedo, rev counter and mileage counter.

By checking through the fuses the only thing I have found is a fuse that meant my clock now works and the alarm is working properly again.

Cara-croft

Comment

Working...
                X