injector pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• injector pressure

if my injector pressure is set to 1850psi and they should be set at 2200psi what would happen....is there a hose at the back of the engine that if not connected will cause the engine to smoke abnormally?

the difference is only 350, so doubtfull, i mix veg oil with mine so the fuel will be thiker but havent messed with the injectors and havent had any problems, if you see what ime getting at.

the pipes at the top back of the right hand side of the rocker cover, the egr valve is up there, most people block the vac pipe to it and it stops a lot of smoke problems.

what coulor smoke?

Comment

thanks for your response.......it fluctuates....from clear to dark

Comment

How much smoke is abnormal? Are you using any supplementary fuel?

Comment

its smoking alot...when im driving i can c a smoke cloud behind me, im in jamaica and only one type of fuel is available and thats the regular diesel.what is veggie oil?

Comment

Hello mullo69,

Just two weeks ago my four injectors were reconditioned, in fact the opening pressure was adjusted from 1850 to 2250 psi. Truck is now perfect. I also the the valve clearance and it was ok.

Regards,

David
            Never better than now.

Comment

i reconditioned the the injectors and im still having the smoke problem..before the recondition i started to loose power an it was smoking heavier..the vehicle is runing like its going to shut down....and i dont have a clue on what be wrong.....H.E.L.P

Comment

Working...
              X