Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Belt Counter Reset

Hi All,

I have just managed to do the timing belt (just before it was due and the light hadn't come on yet) and following the advice I found on here I reset the counter behind the clocks, by moving the little screw.

On starting up to see if everything was ok, guess what??!! The timing belt light has now come on!!!

Should I just move the screw back or is there something else involved?

Cara-croft
    You've heard of Lara Croft, she didn't own a SURF!

Yes, just move it back, asuming that you moved the right screw in the first place.
    If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Ha Ha Cheeky!!!

But why would the timing light come on now when it has just been moved into its new position, it doesn't make sense. The manuals/forums etc say do the belt and then alter the counter screw and thats what I have done???

The car hasn't moved, the light wasn't on when the engine was turned off before I did the belt and now as soon as I have turned it on to check all is ok, its come on!!

Can anyone explain why ths would happen?

Cara-croft

Comment

Strange, maybe it was just coincidence.

While we are on the subject, why did they make it more difficult to reset the light on the 3rd gen, its a piece of pi$$ on the second gen.
        If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

I see what you mean I just looked up how to reset it on the 2nd Gen!!! Why do Toyota do strange things like that!!!

I have sorted it out this morning and it was as simple as you said.... I just put it back in the hole it was originally in!!!! And Voila no light!!!

Thank you si tate for replying

Cara

Comment

Working...
          X