GEN 3 AUTO overdrive button

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GEN 3 AUTO overdrive button

HI guys, I have just bought myself a second, Gen 3 surf which has a auto box and was wondering should I drive with the overdrive on or in the off position and can you also let me know what the ECT switch does, it has the letters PWR and NORM, Which I presume stands for power and normal. Thanks Andy
    I LAUGH IN THE FACE OF DANGER

Leave the overdrive ON.

ECT button engages the flux-capacitor.....i think....or is that the RED button...

Someone will (might) give sensible answers later...

Also read threads about 4WD on tarmac in a 3rd gen - expensive if it goes wrong
    Last edited by sv1000spilot; 10 August 2009, 19:08.
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
      Leave the overdrive ON.

ECT button engages the flux-capacitor.....i think....or is that the RED button...

Someone will (might) give sensible answers later...

Also read threads about 4WD on tarmac in a 3rd gen - expensive if it goes wrong
      You can drive a 3rd Gen on Tarmac it does not cause a problem unless you have the wrong mode selected. Its the 2nd gen that you cant drive on tarmac mate.
      SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
        You can drive a 3rd Gen on Tarmac it does not cause a problem unless you have the wrong mode selected. Its the 2nd gen that you cant drive on tarmac mate.

Just a word of caution having read this.

Originally posted by Ava_Banana View Post
        Word of warning!! - I have a 3rd gen (an early one) which does not have the centre lockable diff...it has 3rd gen running gear, but the transfer lever is like the 2nd gen ones.

....so not all 3rd gens are born equal....and not all can be run on tarmac in 4wd mode.

The way to check is to confirm what decals you have on the top of your transfer lever....mine only has the same as 2nd gen.
        My other cars a QUAD
        (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
        http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot View Post
          Just a word of caution having read this.
          i would say that he has a face lift 2nd gen, all the 3rd gens i have seen all have multi mode 4wd, as long as you dont lock the centre diff you can use the 4 wheel drive on tarmac. but i see where you are coming from mate
          SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

....early 3rd gen....3rd gen mechanicals, however no centre diff, just a centre transfer box.

.....pictures on this thread:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51662

Comment

how odd mine is an early one 31st december 1995, but it has the multi mode 4wd and mine has 16" wheels that are different to yours and i dont have the crome bumpers, how about that, is it the only one like it?
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Thats funny
                Theres a chap on here called The Lovely Boyo and his name is Andy as well
                私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by charvell View Post
                  how odd mine is an early one 31st december 1995, but it has the multi mode 4wd and mine has 16" wheels that are different to yours and i dont have the crome bumpers, how about that, is it the only one like it?
                  Searching on this site, I have seen one more like it.

It appears more of a US spec....just a bit different really......and not covered in plastic, which I like.

Just want to get hold of some small arch extensions similar to the US 4runners now....

Comment

Working...
                  X