Turbo noise on KZN185 Intercooler.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo noise on KZN185 Intercooler.

Well after the cracked head problem, i now have a turbo noise like a whistling when i rev it.
    It starts at around 2000rpm and dies off a bit when cruising.
    I checked for leaks on the pressure side and replaced the hose clamps.
    There was a lot of oil in the turbo ports.
    Where is a good source for a replacment turbo, i willl place a wanted add also.
    Work done on the truck:
    New genuine head, radiator, stat.
    The truck it mint and running perfectly.

Turbo often whistles when boosting, will die off when cruising as less boost being generated.

Oil could well be from engine breather blowing out oil as it exits into the air intake just before the turbo.
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Hi it is a bit more than a wistle, sounds mechanical, just like a screaching fan belt.

Comment

Originally posted by patzx12 View Post
        Hi it is a bit more than a wistle, sounds mechanical, just like a screaching fan belt.
        Why do you think it's the Turbo? Maybe it's a screeching fan belt?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I don't think it'll be the turbo making a screaching noise it'll sound like a tin of nails if its not whistling
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Its turbo alright, tin of nails is getting close to the sound.
            I had all the belts off and ran it breifly to confirm.

Comment

Right if it is the turbo then i would advise not to drive the truck.If the turbo goes completely then you could be looking at more than just a turbo and a hell of a lot more exspensive.
              I saw you posted in supersurf's thread about a turbo and i did put a reply in there about it aswell.I'm not sure if the 3rd gen and 2nd gen turbo's are the same or not.The 2nd gen turbo is a CT12B so you will need to find out if this is the same as yours or not also.
              I would like to know myself if the turbos are the same as i break trucks but never had any 3rd gens in

Comment

Nothing to do with turbos but Mr patzx12

A year or so back I sent you a kph speedo face, all free gratis and for nothing too. I expected you to pop back to the thread where you were asking and let me know whether or not you received it, maybe say a small thank you, or possibly even a pm. As far as Im aware you never did, or if you did I somehow contrived to miss it. Soooo did you get it ??

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

there is oil being fed to the turbo right?
                  there is water being fed there as well?

at least im 80% sure there is a water feed, but there definately is a oil feed.

may be no oil is = noisey turbo..
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

definately oil and water feed on the 2nd gen turbo's but not sure on 3rd gen

Comment

Sorry Bogus, i did get it and i apologise for not getting back to you. i meant to but just forgot.

Originally posted by Bogus View Post
                      Nothing to do with turbos but Mr patzx12

A year or so back I sent you a kph speedo face, all free gratis and for nothing too. I expected you to pop back to the thread where you were asking and let me know whether or not you received it, maybe say a small thank you, or possibly even a pm. As far as Im aware you never did, or if you did I somehow contrived to miss it. Soooo did you get it ??

Bogus

Comment

Working...
                      X