Batteries from Toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batteries from Toyota

I have a really frustrating battery issue. The batteries are dead, that’s not the difficult bit. I recently asked on here for codes, re the Toyota batteries due to the fact the dealership prices are competitive. The codes were found and published on the thread.

Now my batteries have effectively keeled over and surrendered, my predicament has surfaced.

I have rang Toyota King’s Lynn, Toyota Norwich and Toyota Attleborough. I have provided them with every conceivable code on my vehicle, and the codes given me for the batteries, but none of them can help me.

I’ve explained that I need 069 and 068, with parts numbers of [570 024 054] and [570 029 054] respectively with a 12V output, but all three have greeted me with a long silence. I don’t doubt that their database isn’t giving them the information they require, but they seem obsessive about matching batteries to my specific vehicle and seem to have little interest in the fact the batteries are also used on the 4 Runner.

When I phoned Roughtrax, they assured me that the batteries weren’t impossible to source from the dealerships, and indeed, they themselves stock them, but they can’t send them via courier, so I’d have to collect them. Which I can’t.

Toyota assure me that any parts number would have to start with 2800, followed by a dash and five numbers?

There was a link on another thread. I think it was Alpha batteries, £104 for a handed pair, four year guarantee including next day delivery. I’d be happier with the Toyota ones I guess but any port in a storm. I’ve only got the nerve to ask my neighbour’s for one more jump start so I’m keeping that in hand for collection.

Can anyone help me with specific phraseology I can use to wrest batteries off the dealership, or at least advise if the Alpha batteries are pretty ok?

Battery Part Numbers

Hi Ref Toyota Battery Part Numbers You Need
    28800-yzzag 80d26l £63.62 Inc Vat 70 A/h
    28800-yzzah 80d26r £73.42 Inc Vat 70 A/h
    The Batteries Are Handed !!
    Cheers Jonny
    MINES A LARGE ONE !!!

Comment

Mate, thank you so much! I know lots of members are getting battieries from the dealerships and it was frustrating the hell out of me that I couldn't get anywhere with it..I'll get onto them right away.

Thanks again.

Comment

All done. Phoned "Dingles" Toyota in Attleborough [Norfolk] who seemed delighted with the new parts numbers. Checked their stock and announced they were indeed on their shelves.

Couldn't get a jump [yeah, nothing unusual about that] so resorted to the AA. He declared the alternator to be impressively healthy but raised a slight concearn about a slight drain of 0:7 Amps. Having pulled all the fuses in order to isolate it without success he conceded that it could be the battery, but not neccessarily, so I'm to keep an eye on that.

Anyway, Dingles fitted the batteries there and then and the cost including fitting and VAT came out at slightly less that the figure suggested above. I'm not sure I understand why, because the price quoted by Toyota King's Lynn was excactly as written above, but I wasn't going to question it. As it was, King's Lynn didn't carry them as a stock item anyway, and when I flippantly asked if they'd fit them should I need to wait for their's, they said yes, but then quoted me a figure of £43:00 labour!

So, apart from a slight concearn regarding this mystery drain I'm chuffed, and more omportantly, back on the road.

Comment

don't leave the old ones outside cos the pikeys will have em

Comment

Working...
          X