Wouldn't Start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't Start

I RECENTLY CHANGED THE TWO BATTERIES IN MY 1995 SURF AFTER HAVING IT LAID UP FOR ABOUT NINE MONTHS BUT WHEN I TRIED TO START IT THE ENGINE WOULDN'T TURN OVER. HAS ANY OUT THERE HAD THIS PROBLEM BEFOR I WOULD LIKE POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM PLEASE.

Can you describe any noises its making?!

It might just be a siezed starter motor..

Comment

The Vehicle Sounds Like It Wants To Start But It Dosen't It's As If Its Out Of Fule But Its Not

Comment

Hi there,

I had a similar problem where the ECU went faulty, Do you get the Engine check light on or Diesal coil light on when you turn the key over?

Comment

Both lights would come on for just a second when I turn on the ignition but they dont stay on.

Comment

It could be stale fuel in the system preventing it from starting if its been in there for 9 months.I would drain the fuel and put a new fuel filter on and fill it with atf or redex to clean the system through once its started
            https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Give the fuel filter primer a few pumps to make sure fuel is getting to the injectors.
              If it still won't start, loosen one of the fuel lines at the injectors and get someone to crank the starter and see if fuel is getting to them..

Comment

Thanks guys I will try that and get back to you .

Comment

Glad ya not shouting at us now .....

There's always a Payback .... Don't know where n don't know when tho !!!!
                  Buncefield Burner

Comment

I Changed The Fule Filter, Drain The Tank And Replace The Fule, I Also Primed The Fule Filter And None Of Those Worked Its Still Not Starting Any Other Ideas That Might Work.

Comment

I know this is a stupid and im sure you have done it - but have you checked the fuses in the cab.. one just under the steering wheel?

Comment

That Was The First Thing I Checked .

Comment

Get someone to crank the engine while you pump the primer on the filter head.

Did you feel a resistance when you pumped the primer?

Comment

It Feels As If It Gives Some Resistance

Comment

Then it's most likely to be air in the pipes leading to the injectors.
                              Loosen them but don't remove them and crank the engine until diesel can be seen spurting out from the pipes. Stop cranking, re-tighten nuts and it should start.

Comment

Working...
                              X