• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hurtinit View Post
    doesnt it help create the vacume?
    Vacuum? What vacuum?
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

ahhhhhhh now the steering is heavy.. I have loosen the bolt under the dash.. and one in the engine bay.. but its 2cm to short...

Anyone with any ideas...??

I have read there is a third nut I can loosen.. but where is it?

Also can I take the cover off the steering wheel, remove air bag and give the colum a hit with a rubber mallet?

any info would be great guys.. cheers

Comment

email sent
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers mate.. !!!
          Legend

Comment

fark.. im going to drive this car off a cliff...

Colume is still 2cm to short.. I just dont understand! I have lossend everything, jacked the car up and down.. moved the steering.. im at my wits end with this thing!

anyone with any ideas?

Comment

Not sure what the set up is like on a 3rd gen.. but on a 2nd gen over a certain size you need to fit a spacer in the steering column.. Its just a lil alloy block..

Surfenstein at www.outrageousoffroad.co.uk or .com.. will be able to knock something up if needed..

Comment

im thinking Im going to have to go that way... its just a annoying because i cant drive the car..

Comment

Dont you have splined joiners in the shaft like a 2nd gen?
                  Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

i hav e a two inch body lift by Tony N and we just took the bottom off the rad shroud with no problems at all, Ton made and fitted a two inch spacer in the steering columb and had to adjust the gear linkage, i have had no probs with any of it
                    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Better to remove the lower part of the shaft. Then cut it in half and weld a sleeve over it giving you the extra few cm needed to have enough splines pushed into the clamp.

A spacer will work, but you need to watch out for it fouling on the exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Cmar View Post
                        Better to remove the lower part of the shaft. Then cut it in half and weld a sleeve over it giving you the extra few cm needed to have enough splines pushed into the clamp.

A spacer will work, but you need to watch out for it fouling on the exhaust.
                        mine has never fouled the exhaust, if it is fitted and made to th correct size like the one supplied by roughtrax or milners then you wont have a problem
                        SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

well bought the spacer fore the steering shaft.. all is good. you are right its sooo close to folwing the exhaust but just misses!!!

Car is running sweet!

So in the end you will need the following

2ich body lift blocks, bumper brackets and the steering spacer for the 3rd gen. You cna take off the lower half shroud for the rad and works fine.

Its pretty straigt forward.. If I had the steering spacer I could of done the whole job in 1 - 2 hours tops.

thanks again guys for your advice and help along the way...

Cheers Justin

Comment

Ahem.....

Aren't you forgetting something???

Pictures

Comment

Originally posted by hurtinit View Post
                              So in the end you will need the following

2ich body lift blocks, bumper brackets and the steering spacer for the 3rd gen. You can take off the lower half shroud for the rad and works fine.

Its pretty straigt forward.. If I had the steering spacer I could of done the whole job in 1 - 2 hours tops.

thanks again guys for your advice and help along the way...

Cheers Justin
                              Another thing to remember is if you have an intercooled Surf you will need to make up some kind of spacer from the hood scoop to the intercooler...

Comment

im getting some tyres on monday.. will post some pictures then!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X