weird rattle and low psi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird rattle and low psi

again i'm having problems with my truck, i just had the head replaced and ever since there has been a rattle from the inside of the engine, i have fixed my oil leak that i had after the head was replace, the problem was the mechanic didn't resilcone the halfmoon stopper at the back of the valve cover. so while it was leaking i kept putting in oil to keep it full, but now that it fixed i have to much oil, i just haven't gotten around to draining out a little bit of it out, but i will be doing that tomorrow. the weird thing is thou, is that my oil pressure seems to be fluctuating a lot more than what it used to before the head was replaced . This and the new rattle that is getting louder with every km, has got me worried. there is also white smoke when it is started and black smoke when the rpm's are high. also my turbo is only pushing 4 psi with 1 psi of vacuum and the needle violently vibrates when idling. i'm sure the guage is ok because it is a new autometer gauge. i read that the rattling could be caused by the turbo's low psi and could cause the block to crack and ruin the engine, is this something i should be worried about? where should i start trouble shooting this?
Working...
X