Money pit aye!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money pit aye!!!

Just as I order £200 worth of steering / suspension bits (balljoints, track rod ends, CV boots, idler etc etc) I spot oil under the truck this lunchtime.

Looks like front diff seal? Confirmation anyone? I note Milner do one for £11. easy job?
    Attached Files
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Originally posted by Apache View Post
    Just as I order £200 worth of steering / suspension bits (balljoints, track rod ends, CV boots, idler etc etc) I spot oil under the truck this lunchtime.

Looks like front diff seal? Confirmation anyone? I note Milner do one for £11. easy job?
    pig of a job its on the drive shaft end, the propshaft one is the easiest ,check your vent it could be building up pressure
    JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

Good shout. Its probably caked in shite, and with the weather being hot and it sitting in the sun...

Comment

Well, dont look like it was the breather. Took it out last night, small (2") oil mark this morning.

Is there a write up on here anywhere regarding changing the diff seals?

Comment

Well, dont look like it was the breather. Took it out last night, small (2") oil mark this morning.

Is there a write up on here anywhere regarding changing the diff seals?
          I'll see if there's a 'how too' in my manual and scan it if you want.

p.s. good luck loosening those nuts, I had to use a length of scaffold tube on a ring spanner!

Comment

If you dont mind Vince...

I found an exploded view, which shows a snap ring, which looks like it may need the diff cover off to remove.

Comment

If you dont mind Vince...

I found an exploded view, which shows a snap ring, which looks like it may need the diff cover off to remove.
              The drivers side can be done with diff in place Andy, but is still a pain to do especially if you think the bearing may have gone

have a look here for description on stripping diff

Comment

Hoping its just the seal. No other syptoms.

Can anyone confirm this is the blighter?

Comment

Hoping its just the seal. No other syptoms.

Can anyone confirm this is the blighter?
                  Item number FA019 on this page http://www.roughtrax4x4.com/?doc=11&cid=161 is the diff output seal for drivers side

Comment

Working...
                  X