Transmission Coolers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transmission Coolers

Just after some thoughts regarding running more than 1 trans cooler. (I have a manual radiator, so no cooling from that). I have an external cooler fitted with a fan. It would be nice to be able to fit one really really big one with a big fan, but without removing the air con radiator and fan, theres not alot of room to play with. So my idea is to run 2 coolers, facing the airflow behind the lower grills in the front bumper. I measured it up and I can get 2 of them in there side by side, with a fan across each of them. So the question is, the recommended way to hook them up is in parallel, to help prevent any back pressure if the flow rate through the cooler was lower than the rate it was coming out of the trans. But to ensure it flows evenly through both coolers, should the length of hose from the "T" junctions that I will need to fit, be the same length?? I'm also going to fit a thermostat into the system as running 1 cooler without a thermostat keeps temps down below 50 degrees, so 2 coolers would be close to freezing!!. Anyway, just after some thoughts about the hose length, and any other suggestions. I did wonder about running the 2 coolers against each other (similar to the aircon radiator in front of the engine radiator, and just having one fan blowing through them both. My thought is that this wouldn't be as effective as 2 coolers side by side. Anyway let me know what you think. Cheers. Mark.
Working...
X