bad fuel consumption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bad fuel consumption

i just overhauled my 1kz-te engine an even got a new fuel pump but the fuel consumption is over the roof...can someone help me....

???
    Is that it?
    Post some details then if you want help. What does an overhaul mean? A total rebuild or an oil and filter change?
    Whats your economy now and what was it before?
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77 View Post
      ???
      Is that it?
      Post some details then if you want help. What does an overhaul mean? A total rebuild or an oil and filter change?
      Whats your economy now and what was it before?
      yeh what he said...
      One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Grouchy buggers.

Comment

He's probably running it on malibu.
          If its not broke don't fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            Grouchy buggers.
            You'd never get us replying to a plea for help in that manner...
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Me a Grouchy bugger???
              No way......
              I am in a happy mood....

wow I think his mpg can't be that bad.....
              because he still has not replied...

I bet he has great mpg anyway compared to me....
              One day at the time I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                You'd never get us replying to a plea for help in that manner...
                Yeah. No idea why they have to be so blunt, personally.

Comment

bad fuel consumption

sorry for not replying sooner,you hve to understand that im living in jamaica and where i live there isnt any land lines,hence no internet.i have to wait until iget to work to reply....i dont know how to calculate how much MPG im getting and i dont know what it was before i rebuilt it.i bought with a crappy engine and got it rebuilt....what i can say is i filled up on monday and drove 4 miles and used quarter tank o fuel....and i dont think that is normal.....is it???

Comment

I'd be looking for leaking fuel hoses or pipes by the sounds of that.

Comment

I would say that qualifies as poor consumption, definitely look for a leak, the engine would not be capable of burning that much, I can do over 100 miles when topped to full before I lose a quarter of a tank and thats round town use.
                      At the rate you say you are losing it, just start engine and look underneath the car, I would have though the leak would show itself.

Comment

mornin'

apart from leaks from teh pipes/filter etc. also check the tank, if' it's not been fully filled for a long time the weld seam can dry out and leak out. The seam on mne is about 3/4 the way up so if it was leaking & you filled it up you would lose about 1/4 of a tank almost straight away.

best of luck

hawaii
                        I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

bad fuel consumption

the first thing i checked for was the leak an there isnt anyand when it was rebuilt the tank was removed and cleaned.i also sort the assistance of a technician and he said the computer is reading everything normal. this truck is killing my pocket.what is the ECT? when i press the button all i see is a green light in the dash...there is no change in the performance of the vehicle no matter what speed im travelling at.....
                          Last edited by mullo69; 17 June 2009, 16:08. Reason: added a bit more info

Comment

Working...
                          X