Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• air con help please

can anyone help please

i have a 3rd gen with air con problems - anyone know where the air con fan fuse is located ?

cheers for you help

alex

On the 2nd gen it's up behind the glovebox if that helps. I can't go and check on the 3rd gen 'cos the missus is out in it.

What problems are you having, it could just be out of gas.

Comment

I dont think it has a fan, just a compressor. It uses the fan from the heater matrix/blower

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
        On the 2nd gen it's up behind the glovebox if that helps. I can't go and check on the 3rd gen 'cos the missus is out in it.

What problems are you having, it could just be out of gas.
        nah its not that - you could get a little cold comming through the cabin vents but not much at all - tried to re-gas, changed the receiver, changed the compressor still exactly the same. one of the pipes off the compressor gets cold it just doesnt seem to get to the cabin - almost like the is a valve somewhere in the system that is shut

anyone any ideas??

Comment

If it's similar to the 2nd Gen system there's a valve in the line inside the cab behind the glove box. Mine had broken when I bought the car and had it replaced under warranty. I had the same problems as it sounds like you have.
          Mike G

Comment

The pipe that you say is getting cold, is it the larger of the two? if it is getting cold, this is the 'return' to the compressor which would suggest that the coil. (radiator inside the cabin) is getting cold.
            I don't know if Toyotas use an expansion valve or a capillary tube.
            But my advice to you would be to reclaim the charge, pull a good vacuum on the system. (could be moisture blocking the expansion device) and then weigh in the manufacturers specified amount of gas.
            Sent from the iPad you "lost"

Comment

Working...
            X