hi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hi

hey im new on here. recently bought a k reg 2.4 ssrx surf. as with a few of them head gasket went BOOM. but its ok i have a 3 litre ssrx sat on the drive to donor its engine and other bits. u may say y not use the 3 litre but 2 years ago got t boned by a drunk 206 flipped me into a house so its a bit bent. i was wondering what i will need to swap over, both are autos. i have had quick look and looks like engine, loom, exhaust but what else will i need to swap. many thanks tim

noone on here able to help?

links to sites for info or pics would be appreciated

Comment

Engine and all the anciliaries, gearbox, exhaust, loom, ECUs, external air con stuff and the diffs will be different.

Probably more too...
      Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

If the chassis is OK on the 3.0 then just swap bodies over.

Comment

Damn you Vincent, I was typing that!
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

the osf of chassis is twisted on the 3 litre so no good. take it i cant use the diffs off the 2.4 as they are a pair they would give the same final drive ratio. not problem swapping diffs but dont want to if dont need to

Comment

Engine swop

Hi mate only major problem is the "engine mounts" on the chassis are in a different place you will have to move them and weld them in place. As already said you will have to swop everything from the dash forward but you have that on the donor good luck i have done 2 swop overs.
              Live Life To The Full

Comment

will have to look at the mounts. do i try to cut them off other chassis or make new ones. most probably new ones

Comment

Hey Sasky

I have a good 3.0l sitting here and slowly being stripped out. only needed a head when i got it. You could just transfer what you need from your one and then you'd have a good solid 3.0l again.This one has an MOT til December.Tax run out in March £550 and it's yours

Comment

Working...
                  X