KZN130 and KZN185 Timing Belt compatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KZN130 and KZN185 Timing Belt compatability

Does anyone know if a timing belt kit for a KZN130 will also fit a KZN185 3.0TD?

I’ve got a KZN185 with 200,000+ that needs a new belt. I’ve been offered a kit for a KZN 130 (at a good price) which the seller says will fit my KZN185.

Reading other posts the same 3.0TD engine is fitted in each truck.
    KZN130 is a 3.0 turbo diesel 2nd Gen Surf
    KZN185 is a 3.0 turbo diesel 3rd Gen Surf and can have an intercooler.

The webpage:

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/inf...ne_numbers.htm

has the details.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Did the Surf put the Toy in Toyota?

The Surf KZN130 and 185 have the same belt, tensioner, idler shaft and idler.

The 1KZ-TE engines do have two different sized idler shafts on some Aussie vehicles and of course an idler with the bore to suit, but this does not apply to the JDM vehicles. The two sizes are 16mm and 17mm.

Nev

Comment

Thank you for the info Nev

It took a while to twig that JDM means Japanese Domestic Market...

The timing belt kit (belt and tensioner) originates from Blue Print, the japanese carparts experts. I've seen some good threads on how to fit a new belt, but don't know how to take the fan blade off in order to make more space.

Do you have to undo 5 bolts around the pulley that drives it?

Comment

When you get the kit just make sure the idler bore and the idler shaft are the same size. There is slight variations sometimes as I stated but if it's is a proper KZN130 kit then all should be ok.

The fan and hub has 4 studs and nuts. Just undo the nuts to remove the complete thing. Does the kit include the Crank, Cam and Oil Pump Seals? If not then get them as well.

Nev

Comment

Hello Nev
          Thanks for the information. I'll have to wait for the kit to arrive before I know what is in it for sure.

Comment

Working...
          X