Help I wanna give up smoking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help I wanna give up smoking

I have read all the previous threads on smoking 3.0td surfs and tried all the cures I think.

Mine will start fine, quick puff of smoke and away, ticks over no problems. Put your foot down and everything behind you disappears in a cloud of white/grey smoke.

So far I have had the head rebuilt £1600, new filters all through, new injectors, complete new cooling system, disconnected the egr valve and reconnected and disconnected again. Run bottle after bottle of wynns and other diesel addatives through it and the put 4 full tanks of fresh diesel thru it.

It doesnt lack and power theres no cross contamination (oil/water) and apart from the smoke all seems well.

The car has been off the road for 18months now and i'm sick of throwing money at it.

HELP
    Dave ssrx 3.0td Ltd auto Gen2

How's the MPG? It sounds to me like it may be overfuelling or, possibly, have a timing problem.

Comment

MPG is fine and timing is all set as should be, No other problems at all that I or my mechanic can find. Just this damn smoke.

Comment

One of the injectors could be duff and dribbling too much fuel into the cylinder rather than spraying and it's not getting totally burnt before it's squirting/dribbling again on the next stroke.

Were they brand new injectors or reconditioned?

Another cause could be the tip of one of the glowplugs has broken off due to damage on fitting and the broken piece has damaged the tip of the injector when the engine is running.

Or, it's just a simple cause of the timing belt has jumped a tooth and is fueling each cylinder too late/early.
        Last edited by BUSHWHACKER; 8 May 2009, 20:21.

Comment

Thanks Bushwacker, just ordered new injectors and plugs and just for good measure new belts. Determined the damn thing wont beat me, bankrupt maybe though.

Cheers.

ps any more suggestions gratefully recieved

Comment

Working...
          X