Tyre scrub & noise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre scrub & noise

I seem to be getting a certain degree of tyre scrub when taking right hand corners on full lock, dont know if its front or rear , left or right tyres. But last week when going up a multi story car park again on full right lock i got the scrubbing and a nasty graunching sound.... first thought was CV joint, but im not sure, any body else that could possibly shed a little light on this problem ??
    (ps... doesn't seem to do it all the time, have tried to recrate it but to no avail)

Many thanks

Originally posted by evil_jesus View Post
    I seem to be getting a certain degree of tyre scrub when taking right hand corners on full lock, dont know if its front or rear , left or right tyres. But last week when going up a multi story car park again on full right lock i got the scrubbing and a nasty graunching sound.... first thought was CV joint, but im not sure, any body else that could possibly shed a little light on this problem ??
    (ps... doesn't seem to do it all the time, have tried to recrate it but to no avail)

Many thanks
    have you greased your steering stops?
    Did I mention I have a BLUE one
    Tony

Comment

Done about a month ago, but will redo, but more concerned about tyre scrubbing

Comment

Do you have an LSD? Some scrub is normal from the rears with an LSD.
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Dont believe i do have a LSD, how would i check just to be sure ?
          Fatfires....checked the stops and there all greased up, just thinking back i have had the stops grinding before and know it wasn't that sound

Comment

not to sound sarcastic but surely u have a clue which corner its comin from?

Comment

the worst it happened was in multi story, so its hard to determin which corner, other times it happened its only been for a second.... if any would believe fron off side

Comment

I think a small amount of scrub is normal, the degree depends on the type of tyre and driving style. I wouldn't worry too much if your tyres aren't wearing unduly.

Can you describe the grinding noise better?

Re. LSD, check the axle code on the VIN plate.
                Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

check your tyre pressure and tracking
                  SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Working...
                  X