Tickover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickover

Can the tickover be adjusted at the throttle stop or somewhere? My truck ticks over at about 730rpm and vibrates like a road drill. I have found that if I take up the pressure on the throttle and get it upto 750rpm its as smooth as silk or at least as close to that as you will get a 4 cylinder diesel.
    I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Mines the same but sweet when going so can live with it. H

Comment

Originally posted by Brummie View Post
      Can the tickover be adjusted at the throttle stop or somewhere? My truck ticks over at about 730rpm and vibrates like a road drill. I have found that if I take up the pressure on the throttle and get it upto 750rpm its as smooth as silk or at least as close to that as you will get a 4 cylinder diesel.
      I think it is adjusted at the throttle potenionmeter (god knows how to spell it!) the black thing on the side of the throttle body at the top of the engine.

I loosened the 2 screws and turned it slightly one way or the other until the desired RPM was achieved

I think 750 is about the right speed for tickover on an auto
      Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Wanted to try & up mine too but not sure what part you are on about can i be a bit cheeky and ask if you have a pic?

Cheers
        The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Do a search for TPS. There should be some pics knocking about somewhere. If not, Nev will most likely have a link.

Comment

Cheers thought it might be something easier than the tps..... bit cautious as i thought that could mess things up pretty bad if you go it wrong... thanks and will look into it a bit more. Just a question from the inexperienced tho!.....is it as simple as just turning it a little till the desired effect it achieved because the info on the Oz site had someone pinning it out etc ... or did i have confused goggles on at the time!

Ta very much for the help
            The sh$t gets deeper ...but still swimming

Comment

Originally posted by coolsv650 View Post
              I think it is adjusted at the throttle potenionmeter (god knows how to spell it!) the black thing on the side of the throttle body at the top of the engine.

I loosened the 2 screws and turned it slightly one way or the other until the desired RPM was achieved

I think 750 is about the right speed for tickover on an auto
              Thanks for that I,ll get my screwdriver out

cheers Brummie

P.S. its spelt potentiometer.
              I've taken a vow of poverty To anoy me send money

Comment

Working...
              X