towing capacity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• towing capacity

Just had a look at the towing spec for the 3.0td it says 1500kg with a braked trailer, is that right? because if it is, it is useless to me, my trailer weighs around 1000kg,(heavy duty plant )

I need it to tow my winch challenge motor.

Have a look at some of the threads at the bottom of this page.....it is discussed in fair detail.....and is open to interpretation.

Comment

Bu##er....looks like it can`t tow enough (legally..)

Comment

You can TOW 85% of yor SURFS Weight with no legal issues. Check out SURF TOWING & CARAVAN thread =
        http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=2931
        Ive Towed 1750Kgs with no issues with a 2nd Gen 2.4.
        Attached Files
        (\__/)
        (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
        (")_(")

Comment

I need 3500kgs.....looks like I will have to go back to my Rangerover, or get a landbruiser!

just fitted brand spanking new head, cam , valves radiator etc..b#gger

Comment

Originally posted by Bigammer View Post
            I need 3500kgs.....looks like I will have to go back to my Rangerover, or get a landbruiser!

just fitted brand spanking new head, cam , valves radiator etc..b#gger
            I've towed this and other surfs
            Attached Files
            I'm a custard donut monster

Comment

Originally posted by jotto View Post
              I've towed this and other surfs
              Is that a first gen ?

In yellow
              Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

I know it will tow it easy enough, thing is as its not plated to the weight I need means I will have to change it, my job is in transport and I can`t afford the points etc if i get stopped by the ministry

Comment

For any big towing jobs (leagal) the 4.2Td Lancruiser is the way forward. Many professionals swear by these. By a Range Rover and you'll just be swearing.....

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
                    For any big towing jobs (leagal) the 4.2Td Lancruiser is the way forward. Many professionals swear by these. By a Range Rover and you'll just be swearing.....

Colorado's can tow 2700kg, they are the same as a 3rd gen, try one of those.

But a Amazon is the ultimate tow truck.

Toyota UK say a 4Runner will tow 2200kgs, seeing as there is no specs ofr a surf, and 2nd Gen Surf IS a 4runner, i'd use that as the towing weight.
                    4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by laser_jock99 View Post
                      Yer looks like it will be a LC VX 4.2TD.

You know, in all the years I have had Rangerovers, I can honestly say, i`ve not had any really serious problems, they just need more regular maintenance...

Comment

Working...
                      X