Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3.0td manual gearbox V 3.0td auto.

Quick question to you all,
    and forgive me if I come across as thick...(for now that might be the case actually)

But correct me if im wrong:
    Can someone that has a 3.0td with manual gearbox 1994-1995
    replace the engine just like by the same Toyota same engine but automatic (as donour)?
    is it a straight forward engine swap?
    or....that would be too good to be true?

Please answers
    cheers!
    Last edited by JCP; 30 March 2009, 08:34.

Pretty sure you would need the Auto ECU and may need to do some rewiring and probably the gearbox crossmember and tail shaft.

Nev

Comment

I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.
      Are you asking if an engine from a 3.0l automatic will fit into a 3.0l with manual transmission?

Or are you asking if you can fit an engine and auto gearbox in place of a manual engine and gearbox?

Regards, John.

Comment

Originally posted by bowella View Post
        I'm not quite sure what you're asking here.
        Are you asking if an engine from a 3.0l automatic will fit into a 3.0l with manual transmission?
        He may be and if so, ignore my previous post. The engine will be the same if that's what he wants to do.

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
          He may be and if so, ignore my previous post. The engine will be the same if that's what he wants to do.

Nev
          Thanks to both NiftyNev & bowella for such a quick answer.
          I will explain in fact whats happening.

I have taken the 3.0td engine and manual gearbox from my 1994 Toyota 4Runner, donated to a " UMM " (portuguese origin 4x4 that actually is going to use both engine and gearbox after some mods to race with it sometime in December this year.)

So im left as seen on picture below

The engine was in very good condition so was the gearbox (manual) front and rear propshat etc...

Not a lot was "donated"...and since then Ive already gathered most parts needed/donated.
          The problem is the sometime ridiculous prices for engine and gearbox we see round here, like ebay etc...
          I have met a few people that dismantle Surfs, 4runners and Hilux's but havent had the chance of actually find a decent deal for manual gearbox and 3.0td engine.

So I said to myself...so how about buying an engine that came from an automatic 3.0td so often to see them around?...and then find the manual gearbox "whenever" it turns up?

Thanks so much once again...
          look forward for your contributions.
          JCP
          Last edited by JCP; 30 March 2009, 14:13.

Comment

Stick a V8 in it. Bushwhacker can tell you how.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho View Post
              Stick a V8 in it. Bushwhacker can tell you how.
              hahaha...Sancho...if i could i would...
              but i have this 4runner and another one also 3.0td 1995 also manual..
              im keeping them both manual and diesel...reason is that i will start preparing them both for expedition "slowly"...veeery slowly!!!...havent seen much of these around lately >>> ££££
              So thats why id like to see my doubt sorted.
              Just have to be wise where and how I buy.

But sure im sure its a joy to have under our right foot the V8 power!
              but not for now...
              Cheers

Comment

so question still remains:

Can I get a 3.0td engine and automatic gearbox, then sell the automatic gearbox and have a manual fitted to that same engine?

Is it a straight forward thing?

Thanks for your patience,
                JCP

Comment

Yes you can.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
                    Yes you can.
                    WOW WOW WOW!!!
                    weeeeee

That means I can "try to save" some ££ for a nice body lift ...
                    BUSHWHACKER many thanks!

I wil be very happy to post the several phases of these two vehicles...
                    internal roll bar...body lift, roof rack, make this forum really proud!

Thanks once again...
                    JCP

Comment

Working...
                    X