Pump Fitted tappety when running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pump Fitted tappety when running

Fitted the third pump to my 3.0l today starts fine but running it sounds like a blck cab and when its switch off it clatters a little also shows timing code error fault 14 again but runs well although the check light comes on.
    The second pump fitted had faults 13 32 39 so was a dud pump so went back to supplier.
    Any ideas on this one please.

pump timing is out

Comment

I have tried loosening the bolts and moving the pump on its mount,slight improvment. Had the timing cover back off to check that the drives line up there ok too, just resetting the check light to see what comes up now after its been adjusted.
      Still sounds a bit like a black cab.

Comment

Fitted the fourth pump in the Surf and SUCCESS ligned up the marks and started first time and runs great with no Check lights.

Cheers to LORD LUCAN the pump runs great.

Comment

Originally posted by GIRDLES View Post
          Fitted the fourth pump in the Surf and SUCCESS ligned up the marks and started first time and runs great with no Check lights.

Cheers to LORD LUCAN the pump runs great.
          many thanks to be of assistance, is good when you here the end result of a problem
          JAP4X4PART ¬ THE BIGGEST SURF BREAKER IN THE UK ¬

Comment

I got so used to taking pumps off and re-fitting it only takes 90 minutes from start to finish, and when it run with no tappety sounds and no check light Great.

Cheers

Asked for arefund on the other pump but dont know if Ill get it.

Comment

Working...
            X