Cylinder Head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Head

Hello,Been informed by the garage that I may have a cylinder head problem with my surf.They have quoted £1500 to sort out.Is this a resonable price & also will this lead to more problems?I dont want to get rid of her as shes a great surf.One other thing would it pay to just get another & sell her for spares.
    Any advice greatly recieved.
    Many Thanks
    Eliot

depends what surf it is and what engine? but no a price like that doesnt sound unrealistic from a DEALER!
    a complete NEW head for a 3.0lt second gen (1993) can set you back £900+ so that leaves you £500 something for a garage to fit. sounds about right. a good way to go but not the cheapest.
    you can either take that route and have peace of mind,
    buy a recon and take your chances for a while (half price to guy the block),
    or buy a second hand one and use that, (thats if you can even do that?)
    or buy another surf being scrapped and take the one out of that and have another surf on hand for parts.
    fitting prices around the same if taken to a dealer or decent garage.
    would be cheaper to do it yourself (if you can) or hunt down a friend or friend of a friend for a cheaper fitting quote.

Comment

i only have a basic understanding of it all so ill probably get slated in about 5, 4, 3, 2,.........

Comment

Thanks for the reply.want to keep her but will this begin the onset of other problems.Sorry its a 3L TDi M reg.
        Thanks
        Eliot

Comment

if you get a BRAND NEW TOYOTA head then you'll be a happy chappy for many many many miles!........................ .........unless its the 2.4 haha just kiding.....kinda lol

Comment

ERm Goodcat, he has said it's a 3.0 litre, if it's M reg it will be a 2nd gen (ie KZN130)

Trev
            Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

as for new problems arising thats hard to say. the 3.0lt very rarely crack/break. its usually to poor maintanence (like any other veichle) or abuse. some people like to use the 4x4 when they shouldnt be or driving to hard with it engaged. i.e ragging it accross fields when the 4x4 probably isnt needed anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by UDTrev View Post
                ERm Goodcat, he has said it's a 3.0 litre, if it's M reg it will be a 2nd gen (ie KZN130)

Trev
                i edited it the second after i posted as i was watching TV and didnt fully read his post. *blush*

Comment

you can always have a chat with magnum force on here as he has a 3.0l head for sale and its nearly new
                  https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

i thought his was a re-con??

Comment

oh while your on storm...you have mail mate

Comment

so have you Ja
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

and now u have another one

Comment

Thanks fellas.Trouble is the little lady now has me looking about for a newer surf or one with less miles.Ours has 163,000 approx.
                            Thanks again
                            Eliot

Comment

Originally posted by bluezola View Post
                              Thanks fellas.Trouble is the little lady now has me looking about for a newer surf or one with less miles.Ours has 163,000 approx.
                              Thanks again
                              Eliot
                              163,000 is nothing on the surfs mate. mines done 225,000KM and drives like new and purs like a kitten!! i love it!!
                              how much would you want for your surf then as it is now?

Comment

Working...
                              X