Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smokin !!!

Hi all,

I'm new to the world of owning one of these vehicles but it appears I've already been introduced to their difficult moments.

Just bought a Surf truck SSR-X 3.0td its a great truck with a jack up kit, brand new Goodrich mud Plugger tyres etc. Problem is that it blows billows of white smoke. I know you are probably ready to respond with a nod and a finger pointed at the headgasket. However the engine pulls like a train and a head check performed by my local garage could not identify a problem. I know these brutes have a water cooled turbo charger so I was wondering if it was at all feasible that water was getting in that way from the cooling system. Needless to say the vehicle is using water and i'm having to keep it topped up to prevent over heating.. The thing is having recently spoken to the vendor he maintains that the problem was previously identified as a turbo issue, as a result the turbo was changed prior time purchasing it. Now the problem has 'returned'.. Is it possible that the head gasket is partially failed? Or is it feasible that its a turbo seal issue. Any help would be grately appreciated..

Thanks in advance..
Working...
X