ecu?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ecu?

my surf hadnt been used in 4wd for a while, and couldnt get out the street for the snow!, so into 4wd it goes (for a whole 90 seconds, to get to the gritted main street) back into 2wd, and behold, the old high rev gear change and no overdrive appears! ####### marvellous!
    tried all the old tricks first, kick down, disconnect batterys etc, no luck.
    finding it hard to believe the ecu would work just fine, then decide not to work after being in 4wd for a few mo's?

and finally to the point. anybody got a 3.0 2nd gen in the washington area tyne and wear or there abouts, so's i can try a working ecu before i go spending on a possibly unnecessary?
    pretty please thanks.

Have you checked vacuum lines and fuses? There's a fuse for the 4wd system.

Have a read here.....
    http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=4wd+question

Comment

all fuses ok. vacuum lines dito.
      everything works as it should (bar absent o/d).
      select 4w high, ok. select 4w low, ok again. back to 2wd, yup, definitely in 2wd. still no o/d. buga.

Comment

c'mon peeps. there must be somebody tyne & wear area got a second gen 3.0, can let me try their ecu before i splash out on one. stormforce sez around £100 plus del. everyone ive tried so far said £150 delivered. ouch.

Comment

Have a chat with pops about his 3.0l ecu just let him know i said for you to say about it as i was after it for someone who hasn't got back to me
          https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

good one that man. i'll get on it noo.

Comment

Did you get any joy??

I had major probs 12 months ago with my ECU. I'm presuming you have the KZN130?
              Tried IN VAIN to get a replacement ECU & although everyone said yep, that'll be £150 quid or so.....I'll call you back etc, when it came to the crunch couldn't get my hands on one anywhere. I'd be really surprised if anyone actually found one for you as they're like rockin horse SH&% !

Glad in the end though, cause I found this bloke in Plymouth who was an ECU Magician!!

http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk

Basically send it to him special delivery & he'll 'have a word with it' for you & post it back to you the same method along with warranty. Can't praise him enough as no one else had the technical equipment to test this type of ECU. Sorted out the overdrive & increased fuel consumption considerably for me so I'm well happy.

Think he's called Jeff?? Can't be 100% sure though. Oh yes, if he tests it & itt' ok, he'll only charge you postage fee!

Hope this helps

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by squipper View Post
                I had major probs 12 months ago with my ECU. I'm presuming you have the KZN130?
                Tried IN VAIN to get a replacement ECU & although everyone said yep, that'll be £150 quid or so.....I'll call you back etc, when it came to the crunch couldn't get my hands on one anywhere. I'd be really surprised if anyone actually found one for you as they're like rockin horse SH&% !

Glad in the end though, cause I found this bloke in Plymouth who was an ECU Magician!!

http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk

Basically send it to him special delivery & he'll 'have a word with it' for you & post it back to you the same method along with warranty. Can't praise him enough as no one else had the technical equipment to test this type of ECU. Sorted out the overdrive & increased fuel consumption considerably for me so I'm well happy.

Think he's called Jeff?? Can't be 100% sure though. Oh yes, if he tests it & itt' ok, he'll only charge you postage fee!

Hope this helps

Martin
                theres been quite a few kzn130's broken recently and i've done 4 or 5 in the last 6 months.I should be getting another this weekend and blakarm is having the ecu from this one.this time last year i would of said yes the kzn130 ecu's were like rocking horse shit to get hold of but now they are getting easier to source

Comment

Just my luck that, seems I hit the ECU recession! Thanks for latest gen though. Would you keep you eyes out for a decent set of front wiper arms for me as mine have an annoying presence of rust. Would do my usual & go to Roughtrax, but the £48 + Vat & P&P is a bit steep for cosmetic reasons!

Martin

Comment

i should have some decent ones here from the breakers.£15 delivered but you'll have to give me a few days tho as i am busy at work at the mo

Comment

Thanks chap.
                      Almost forgot.....could do with Oil Pressure Sender too if you can help. Guage seems ok cause I've done the grounding test & the needle works fine on the guage. Is the sender itself on the engine block prone to failing?

Comment

Originally posted by squipper View Post
                        Thanks chap.
                        Almost forgot.....could do with Oil Pressure Sender too if you can help. Guage seems ok cause I've done the grounding test & the needle works fine on the guage. Is the sender itself on the engine block prone to failing?
                        Check for frayed/brittle wiring on the sender first.

Comment

see that sqipper! if your away for a few days, you get your questions answered for you. its like having a p.a.

Comment

Steve you have Email mate

Comment

Working...
                            X