Urgent help required please.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help required please.

Ok I have a 3 litre turbo diesel hilux l reg that won't start. I am trying to find out if it is the batteries or the alternator.

I also have a second hilux I can steal the alternator from for the time being if needed. But the manuals I have bought do not show the engine I have and this leaves me with a question..... On top of the alternator is a vacum pump of some kind and I am trying to work out what thisis for ? As if we disconnect the altenator the fluid inside leaks out. We will then need to replace this fluid, but we can't work out where it is from or which fluid will need replaced.

If anyone knows please post up, or if anyone knows where to get a download of the 3 litre engine please send me a link.

Stuck as wife needs picked up with the kids lol

Cheers

look here....................

http://www.yotatech.com/f63/

Alan
    www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

The Vacuum Pump on a 1KZ-TE is not on the alternator. It's in the front end of the engine and is gear driven.

The other alternator you have sounds like it has a front mounted vacuum pump and will not fit the 3 Ltr. Vacuum pumps are engine oil lubricated.

Nev

Comment

Easy enough to test an alternator. Just connect a multimeter to the battery terminals, start engine and read voltage output. If you start engine and battery voltage drops below 10 volts batteries are flat or stuffed.

Nev

Comment

Could the other 'vacuum' pump be the AC compressor?
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Ok got the lump jump started the bateeries read at 13.8 when they are first switched on and engine is just running. As soon as you switch lights on the batteries reading keeps lowering and lowering.

Inside when the engine is first switched on the battery gauge reads up near the 18 when you put lights on etc the battery gauge drops to the middle and starts dropping a little more. As soon as lights etc off it rises.

So would we all say I have goosed batteries ?

Comment

1KZ-TE Manual.

http://www.showmesome.info/hilux/info/manuals/1KZ-TE/

http://forums.bauchan.org/portal/downloads.php?dcid=17

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
                Could the other 'vacuum' pump be the AC compressor?
                Possibly. He may have disconnected the AC pipes.

Nev

Comment

What's the battery voltage during cranking. If below 10 then they are probably "goosed"

Nev

Comment

Originally posted by NiftyNev View Post
                    What's the battery voltage during cranking. If below 10 then they are probably "goosed"

Nev

Won't crank back over by it's self now when switched off so i'm def guessing the batteries.

Typical though happens on a Sunday when all local car accessory places are closed and only Halfords etc not.

Comment

Working...
                    X