Warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warning light

What does it mean when the door warning light stays on when you leave the truck knowing all the doors are locked please.

rear wheel carrier not locted properly, give a good slam and see
    SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

I will give that one a go Charvell, shame you was not nearer to me i have lots of little problems.

Comment

Originally posted by SHIREHORSE View Post
        I will give that one a go Charvell, shame you was not nearer to me i have lots of little problems.
        Do tell. That's what we're all here for.

Comment

So long as they're truck related, fire away...
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

afternoon all

if it's not the rear carrier, try pulling back the rubber boots over the switches on the bottom of the door pillars.

On mine, one of these was full of water and partly corroded teh contacts (negative switched don't forget), quick rub down with emery cloth & silicone around teh rubber - job done.

hope this helps (it will probably be the rear carrier anyway)

hawaii
            I'm not overweight, I'm undertall!

Comment

Charvell got that one right it was the little finger that points down with a rubber stop on it that was bent slightly back and not making conntact cheers. Next question i have no glow plug light on the dash and no sound of a relay clicking out the fuse seems fine any ideas. I assume you don,t want to hear about the little problem i have down stairs as its not a truck.

Comment

good stuff well done mate. 1st off does it start ok? if so, then the most obvious thing is the bulb has gone behind the dash. easy to get to four screws and a 10mm socket the instrument panel pull forward you might have to disconnect the multi plugs but see how you go. I dont hear a relay clicking on my 3rd Gen.
                SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

It does start a bit labored but it doesn,t turn over along time before firing, the battery is only a 60amp job which i think is a bit low. I will have a go at the dash if you say it is that easy and hope thats another problem solved cheers Ian.

Comment

Maybe this will get moved up to the 2.4 section and someone in the know will answer, but I don't remember my 2.4 having a glow plug light.

Comment

We were talking about a 3.0 SSR-G 96

Comment

We were talking about a 3.0 SSR-G 96
                        Change your vehicle details then please.

Comment

My 2.4 has a glow plug light an clicking relay..

When the woman sold it to me she said "ignore the light just wait for the click..."

In my head i was thinking "get lost.. i had one of these yeah. i know how they work!!"

Turns out it does start a LOT better if you wait for the click...

Comment

Thats just how i start my 2.4 just after the loud clonk of the relay. My details are correct i also have a 3.0.

Comment

My details are correct i also have a 3.0.
                              It might be helpful in future if you let people know what type and age of vehicle we're talking about at the start of a thread if it's not the 2.4

Anyway.

Yeah, probably the bulb if the fuse and relay are both fine and it starts OK.

Comment

Working...
                              X