No announcement yet.

Front left Outer CV joint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I said, it was just a thought, it's not like Milners to sell stuff that's wrong.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

yep my thought exacly but what do I say to him, I don't have the skill to change it myself hence pete doing it so can hardly challenge him on the parts etc, kinda in his hands now?
      Nissan Patrol for on-road, and a Land-Rover 110 shed for off-road :-)

Comment

It is, and more so now that it's in bits!
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I have checked my Blue Print Catalogue & i'm afraid that they don't list a cv joint for the KZN185.

The fact that the Milners one is an aftermarket version it's more than likely that it will be different to the OEM version.

Just because it looks different it doesn't mean that it won't fit. Does the ABS ring need to be removed from the old joint & put on the new one? (some aftermarket cv joints will be the same for a vehicle & it all depends if ABS is fitted or not determines if you put the ABS ring on or not) Maybe thats why the mechanic thinks it's wrong?

If you do have to remove the ABS ring they do tend to break. Rough Traxs sell them I think.

Comment

Thank you for the good advice, I asked Pete about the milners one and apperantly the "shaft" was about an inch too short I assume he must mean the stub axle?
            Somebody called Alan from basingstoke has put him in touch with a guy from manchester who is hopefully sending one down if not he will get my old one rebuilt. Hopefully this saga will be over tomorrow as it is pi55ing me right off as it should be an easy part to replace if I could just get one!

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
              Thank you for the good advice, I asked Pete about the milners one and apperantly the "shaft" was about an inch too short I assume he must mean the stub axle?
              Somebody called Alan from basingstoke has put him in touch with a guy from manchester who is hopefully sending one down if not he will get my old one rebuilt. Hopefully this saga will be over tomorrow as it is pi55ing me right off as it should be an easy part to replace if I could just get one!
              do you have a 2nd gen one that has been fitted to your truck in the past? just a thought
              SWIFT AND BOLD

Comment

Pete the mechanic said a second gen wouldn't fit???? if it did I could get one for peanuts from a guy down the road....

Comment

This may or may not help.

http://dahn.webcity.com.au/~toy49040...ic.php?t=15847

HDK Part Number 20-38 at this link.

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&so...zZPl9HsHBB0R_w

Nev
                  Last edited by NiftyNev; 17 January 2009, 14:25.

Comment

Any news?

Nev

Comment

None good!

The truck is still left on an axle stand in the way and I have no way to move it!
                      The mecanic is away at a hospital as his wife is having an op that went wrong and she nearly died!

at least his son thinks the third party bit that has finally arrived is the right one.
                      ##ANYONE want to buy a three wheeled 3rd Gen?
                      Last edited by Smego2; 24 January 2009, 01:12.

Comment

If desparation gets the better of you ,I can come and trailer the Surf back here and do the work(asuming the parts are available) all it'll cost you is the fuel.

Cheers
                        Paul

Comment

Originally posted by Artful_dodger View Post
                          If desparation gets the better of you ,I can come and trailer the Surf back here and do the work(asuming the parts are available) all it'll cost you is the fuel.

Cheers
                          Paul
                          Paul thank you that is a generous offer! I might yet take you up on it if Pete the mechanic doesn't turn up as promised tomorrow at 10. hopefully he will fix it otherwise I have asked if I can pick up the bit off him in order to get somebody else to fit it for me.

Thanks,

Gary.

Comment

Originally posted by Smego2 View Post
                            None good!

The truck is still left on an axle stand in the way and I have no way to move it!
                            The mecanic is away at a hospital as his wife is having an op that went wrong and she nearly died!

at least his son thinks the third party bit that has finally arrived is the right one.
                            ##ANYONE want to buy a three wheeled 3rd Gen?
                            I'll have the 300C!!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach View Post
                              I'll have the 300C!!
                              Yours for £14k, I want an Amazon!

Comment

Finally done!!!

And guess what the part came from MILNERS!!!!!

turned out they had original sent the wrong part!

Comment

Working...
                                X