Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black smoke when accelerate too hard.

Hello,

I got black smoke when push aceleration pedal until almost the end, the smoke desappear 8 or 10 seg after. My surf is almost 200,000 kms year 2000 3 gen kzn185 , do you think is time to replace nozzle valves? Valve clearance recalibration?

Thanks,

David
    Never better than now.

Originally posted by Surfito View Post
    Hello,

I got black smoke when push aceleration pedal until almost the end, the smoke desappear 8 or 10 seg after. My surf is almost 200,000 kms year 2000 3 gen kzn185 , do you think is time to replace nozzle valves? Valve clearance recalibration?

Thanks,

David
    Check your air filter is clean.
    Black smoke on hard acceleration is normal for a diesel.

Comment

black smoke is just unburnt diesel. a well tuned diesel will have a degree of black smoke under load, i.e when taking off, going uphill, overtaking. it will also do it when you jump on the pedal, as the fuel pump puts in more fuel thinking that your trying to overtake etc, and then when the rpm catches up to the fuel amount, the smoke goes away. diesel engines put fuel in depending upon the TPS(throttle position sensor), not engine revs. which is why if you ease the pedal on, you can take off just as fast but with less smoke, than if you just slam your foot down

Comment

Hello,

Thanks a lot for your answers.
        In fact, i am replacing air filter, oil and oil filter every 5,000 km and fuel filter every 10,000 km.

Maybe, is time to be more gentle with the acceleration pedal when taking off or overpassing a car!!!!!!!!
        Never better than now.

Comment

Working...
        X