Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling system flush???

Hello People

I’ve decided its about time I flushed the cooling system on my truck - replacing the stat, rad cap, coolant and belts whilst I’m at it.

Is there any advantage in removing the rad completely, turning it upside down and flushing through backwards with a hosepipe? Also, do I re-fill with neat coolant or dilute to a particular percentage? Been trying to find the answers to the above for around 3 hours now using the search facility but don’t seem to be getting anywhere.

Cheers

AL
    If at first you don't succeed,
    Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

I wouldn't completely remove the rad unless it has other issues and the coolant container will tell you how to mix depending on the climate/usage etc. H

Comment

You can buy long life coolant, ready mixed from Toyota

Comment

Approx. 50/50 coolant/(distilled|de-ionised) water is fine in our climate.

Comment

Thanks peeps

I'm intending to give the whole system a good flush (including rear heater etc) so can anyone please suggest the best way to go about it?

Cheers

AL
          If at first you don't succeed,
          Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

Comment

i'd remove the rad, all the bits stuck in the pipes are more likely to come out the way the went in, rather than the otherway round!

CURLY

Comment

Working...
            X