Q about road tax and veg oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Q about road tax and veg oil

i was looking into buying a surf a while back and it never happened and now im thinking about it again, can anyone confirm that the 3rd gen 3.0td surfs run fine on veg oil, i will be using wvo filtered for fuel use.

also whats the road tax situation on these 4 x 4's, how much are they now to tax and are they going to get hit by the road tax increases to 400 odd quid ?

cheers
    !996 3.0td 3rd Gen Surf

Originally posted by black_bob View Post
    i was looking into buying a surf a while back and it never happened and now im thinking about it again, can anyone confirm that the 3rd gen 3.0td surfs run fine on veg oil, i will be using wvo filtered for fuel use.

also whats the road tax situation on these 4 x 4's, how much are they now to tax and are they going to get hit by the road tax increases to 400 odd quid ?

cheers
    Yes you can, be you'll need to add some diesel to thin it in the colder months.

Your road tax is 185 quid the same as the rest of us. You'll have to ask Alistair about the future increases.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
      Yes you can, be you'll need to add some diesel to thin it in the colder months.

Your road tax is 185 quid the same as the rest of us. You'll have to ask Alistair about the future increases.

yes good news then, i run my bmw diesel on veg so im samilier with the adding diesel to the mix.

am i right in thinking the future road tax hikes only apply to cars registered after 2001, how does a 1996 surf imported and registered after 2001 stand. as they say cars registered after 2001 but the manufacture date couple be 1996 ?
      !996 3.0td 3rd Gen Surf

Comment

Originally posted by black_bob View Post
        yes good news then, i run my bmw diesel on veg so im samilier with the adding diesel to the mix.

am i right in thinking the future road tax hikes only apply to cars registered after 2001, how does a 1996 surf imported and registered after 2001 stand. as they say cars registered after 2001 but the manufacture date couple be 1996 ?

It's vehicles registered (manufactured) from March 2001.

Depends on how clued up you post office is wether they'll try and charge you more for road tax. Some members on here have had to pay more but claimed to difference back after jumping through hoops for DVLA.

Comment

Veg Oil Ok

Hi

For the past 8 months I have been running my 3.0 knz185 surf on 100% veg oil. I have had a conversion done by Diesel Veg. It has the two tank system so starts on diesel then auto change over to veg oil. Look at there website just type in dieselveg nornally on first page at top. Not the cheapest conversion but I think the best. I do over 18000 miles a year so very happy. I pull both a caravan and a heavy trailer no problems. With duty on veg oil none up to 2500 litre a year all explained on diesel veg website.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER View Post
            It's vehicles registered (manufactured) from March 2001.

Depends on how clued up you post office is wether they'll try and charge you more for road tax. Some members on here have had to pay more but claimed to difference back after jumping through hoops for DVLA.
            cheers so the 'registered' date has caused some members a problem, typical eh, well as long as its meant to be the regular tax rate thats fine, thanks
            !996 3.0td 3rd Gen Surf

Comment

Originally posted by surfoffroad View Post
              Hi

For the past 8 months I have been running my 3.0 knz185 surf on 100% veg oil. I have had a conversion done by Diesel Veg. It has the two tank system so starts on diesel then auto change over to veg oil. Look at there website just type in dieselveg nornally on first page at top. Not the cheapest conversion but I think the best. I do over 18000 miles a year so very happy. I pull both a caravan and a heavy trailer no problems. With duty on veg oil none up to 2500 litre a year all explained on diesel veg website.
              hi cheers for the info m8, i had a look on that website, its not the kind of money i ould pay to be honest as i likely wont keep the car long enought to really save so ill likely do a diy conversion myself, as long as i know if fine with veg on the 3rd gen series thats fine with me.

cheers
              !996 3.0td 3rd Gen Surf

Comment

Working...
              X