X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bleeding

how to bleed the fuel lines after re-fitting fuel filter????help
    Big Elz !!!

What engine have you got? If its the KZN130, just keep pressing the black plunger on top of the fuel filter housing until it gets hard. Done! Imagine it must be similar on all the engines, just maybe a different place for the plunger.
    Rich

Comment

the primers are in the same place on all the trucks. as for bleeding, try getting someone to prime it while you turn it over. also you may have air in the line which you will need to release through the injectors. open each injecter one at a time and turn it over till you get a good amount of fuel out of it then move on the next on. the injectors are 17mm.

Comment

Originally posted by BigElz_91_SSR-G! View Post
        how to bleed the fuel lines after re-fitting fuel filter????help
        You could fill the filter with ATF, that'll fix the bleeding issue and clean the fuel system.
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by Albannach View Post
          You could fill the filter with ATF, that'll fix the bleeding issue and clean the fuel system.
          your shittin me right? how does it fix the bleeding problem? some air will still get into the system because the filter was removed... then, IF it cleans the fuel system, it will only do so for the short distance between filter and injectors... and then once its at the injectors, how good is it going to do the engine trying to burn transmission fluid???

please tell me im wrong, but from where im sittin its not going to do anything good... even if no harm is done...

Comment

Originally posted by Macca81 View Post
            your shittin me right? how does it fix the bleeding problem? some air will still get into the system because the filter was removed... then, IF it cleans the fuel system, it will only do so for the short distance between filter and injectors... and then once its at the injectors, how good is it going to do the engine trying to burn transmission fluid???

please tell me im wrong, but from where im sittin its not going to do anything good... even if no harm is done...
            The system is self bleeding, so the small ammount of air left after filling the filter with ATF will not cause any hassles, you'll not even notice it.

The ATF will clean everything between the filter and the injectors, as you say, then be burnt (as fuel) in the engine.
            Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

thank you so much for putting this reply up Albannach

I felt mine start to sputter on way home t'other night, then went to bed.

After nearly flattening the battery trying to start it the next day, i decided that I had probably ran out of fuel, and the angle i was parked at had allowed more air in...

So, $20 of diesel poured in, I tried my best on the primer pump, charged the banks and had another go. no joy.

I pulled of the lines from the filter, sucked fuel from the tank () then re-attached. Still 5 mins of priming got me nowhere.

I resigned myself to having to bleed the injectors, using mr tickles arms and hands by the looks of it, and expecting cut knuckles in the process, when i happened to chance on this.

Then i noticed the line to the injectors when examined did actually still have fuel in it. But pulling off the filter, there was just only a 3rd left in the bottom. To recap then, all lines were full, filter was empty, and I'm assuming the primer was doing diddly squat other than giving me a palm blister.

So, I found this thread, and after filling the filter to the brim with ATF, unmounting it and turning it upside down got it started within 4 seconds of turning over.

I hope this saves someone else from slicing their hands open getting to the injector bleed nuts.
              Last edited by boma23; 26 August 2014, 20:57.
              RZN185 1" lift, 32s - KZN130 2" lift, 32s

Comment

Working...
              X