4WD doesn't engage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4WD doesn't engage

Hi, I bought a nice Surf 3.0TD Automatic from 1994, but the 4wd doesn't work. The green indicator lightsin the dash when I press the button for 4wd in Hi, or select Low-4WD, but it doesnt' work, the front wheels don't pull, in real it is still in 2WD. Is that electric or Mechanical?? Something that I could fix by myself?? Thanks
    Last edited by blacksun; 5 August 2008, 18:43. Reason: speeling

does the 4wd light stay lit when 4wd is engaged? try driving to and fro a few feet in order for the 4wd to engage properly
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

If the light come on ADD should be engaged and you should be in 4WD. The light is the last link in the circuit and illuminates via a switch in the front diff. The only thing that should prevent 4WD is that you have free wheel hubs in the unlocked position.

Nev

Comment

free wheel hubs unlocked

Hi budy, that make some sense!!. how can I lock it??
        Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Freewheel hubs look like this (these are WARN hubs) and are locked/unlocked by turning the twist latch on the outside face of hub.
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

no free hubs

Hi, it's me again. Not man..!! my tyres are normal, they don't have that device. ... they fixed.
            this afternoon I went under my Hilux Surf while my girl was moving the truck forward and backward on L4WD .... the cardan (pipe) from the engine spins until the front differential ... but the front wheels doesn't pull, there aren't engaged. And then, when the car was stopped and of,f and still in Low-4Wd .... I moved the front axle by hand and it's spins ....the right and left shatf are connected, spinning in opposite ways, but not connected (engaged) with the cardan or main power from the engine. Something loose?? Drive pinion?? or just minor problem as solenoid or electric??
            Thanks Budys!!

Comment

Working...
            X