size fuel tank? and mpg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size fuel tank? and mpg

can anyone tell me the size of the fuel tank for a 2nd Gen 3lter surf please?

also managed to get over 31mpg today without trying.. not bad, so could be better if i tried!

If i stuck road tyres on instead of knobblys would that be better for mpg too? Swap for the knobblys for offroad.
    93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
    My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

Originally posted by TOC View Post
    can anyone tell me the size of the fuel tank for a 2nd Gen 3lter surf please?

also managed to get over 31mpg today without trying.. not bad, so could be better if i tried!

If i stuck road tyres on instead of knobblys would that be better for mpg too? Swap for the knobblys for offroad.

65 LITRES AS I UNDERSTAND, AND ROAD TYRES WOULD GIVE BETTER FUEL ECONOMY TOO.

WELL DONE FOR MPG, MINES AROUND 25 BUT I HAVE A HEAVY RIGHT FOOT.

Comment

must admit i was doing 65 on cruise control, however i did about 20 miles around town when i got lost LOL so may have got 1 or two more.

i stuck 25 quid in and got me half a tank from empty, thats 18 litres.. so i am wondering if it is 65 litres or not.
      93, 3 Litre SSR-G Diesel
      My Mongol Charity Rally rig, 8000 miles of corrupt cops, bandits with guns, mountains, deserts and all for charity!

Comment

As Far As I Know There 65 Minimum, The Only Other Alternative I Thought Was A Long Range Tank?

Maybe You Have A Magic Fuel Tank.

Comment

Working...
        X