egr thread again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• egr thread again.

Hey, thinking that if I disable the egr on smurf it may solve her problem where she looses revs?!

I know there must be tons of threads on here about how to do it but figured if I post a new thread it will provide me with the things I want at the bottom! See, told you I was lazy!
    Yippee-Kay-Ay, Melon Farmer.

There's also a search button

Comment

D'oh!

One day I may just learn to read things and look for stuff before taking the lazy route!

Comment

Egr!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this egr thing is old news, but after reading so much about it i decided to disconect and WOW!!!
        What a difference i dont think its the same surf (3ltr). It feels fast and perhaps its my imagination but it starts a lot better as well. I am not certain but my mpg has improved which is a bit easier on the wallet. I wish i done it sooner, but i need to know come MOT time will the co2 emmissions be any better? Ta very much.
        Last edited by REBEL; 9 July 2008, 15:55.

Comment

Was it easy to do? I have come from landies where you can pretty much bolt anything on and off with a 14mm spanner and a lump hammer!

Comment

Egr

Easy!!! Just look for a saucer shaped disc near the throttle cables at the top of the engine (towards the bulkhead) and you will find a tube. just pull off the tube and block with a bolt/screw and thats it. I dont know a lot about engines but i found this no problem even for me!

Comment

Cool, cheers for that. If it ever stops raining, I will go out and have a play with that

Comment

egr

your welcome, anytime.

Comment

I've done the egr mod removed & blocked the pipe ,but no difference. So does that mean the egr unit is jammed open, if so how can i cure it as im getting holocaust clouds in the morning on startup & 17MPG, not good.

Comment

Working...
                  X