Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations Please!

Hi there

After the help i got from supersurf i must say that this forum is 2nd to none! anyhoos, i just had my MOT done and it failed on the following....

1. Brakes (just needs pads)
    2. Outer Track Rod End (drivers side)
    3. Anti Roll Bracket
    4. Tyres (need 2)
    5. Gators driver & passenger side (outer)
    6. Rear driver side shocks

heres what i spent so far.... numbers 2,3 &5 from milners £44 inc delivery number 4 (this was my best bargain) 4 x brand new toyota alloys 31 x10.5 x 15" alloys with brand new bridgestone dueler tyres £360 just need to find my rear suspension and brake pads for numbers 1 & 6.

here is my question for the latter should i buy 3rd party brake shoes or stick with the genuine toyota pads cos im hearing different stories from people regarding this (im kinda thinking that supersurf is right on this as it was metioned through phone call - what a helpful guy!)and also is it worth buying used rear shocks from the local scrappys?

also should i buy all of the inner & outer track rod ends so that i dont have any tracking problems? supersurf has suggested that i replace them all even though i only need the outer one! he also mentioned a steering part but i cant remember that as my brain is fried with all this car stuff!

Once i have the track rod ends and tracking done i will have a set of 5 original 15" tyres with BFGoodrich tyres on them with the same measurements as above 3 with good tread & 2 needing replaced let me know either way.

kind regards Mr Happy

re. the brake pads i would go for genuine linings or upgrade to EBC
    shocks then go for some pro comp ones or similar, i wouldn't bother with s/hand, to iffy.
    with regard to the brakes when i did mine i got some roughtrack disc's and toyota pads.
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Personally i buy everything from Rouhtrax as Barry really knows his stuff and would only buy good quality stuff.

Comment

can some1 tell me if i should buy all of the inner & outer track rod ends so that i dont have any tracking problems? supersurf has suggested that i replace them all even though i only need the outer one!(drivers side) he also mentioned a steering part but i cant remember that as my brain is fried with all this car stuff!
        if some1 could answer this would be appreciated

Comment

Personally i would only replace what is broken, but your choice. Was the other thing the idler arm???? Or the Pitman arm???? Both common but check with car on ground not in the air.

Comment

Working...
          X