Another ATF question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another ATF question...

Does anyone here know if it is possible to COMPLETELY drain the ATF just by disconnecting the pipes which go to the radiator and letting it drain naturally, or does it need to be circulated by starting the engine?

I've been trying to get around to replacing the ATF (via the two bucket method) in my truck for weeks now but something has always come up so never got around to it. Had set my mind on doing it this weekend but have now found out I have to work. So, my idea was to park the truck up at work in the morning, disconnect whichever of the pipes is needed to drain it then re-connect pipework and fill with new Dexron later in the day. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.

AL
    If at first you don't succeed,
    Destroy all evidence that you even tried.

no need just get under the truck there is a plug. drain it there and re fill from the dip stick! unless the 3L is different to the 2.4!

Comment

You need to run it to get it all out otherwise you only get about 1/3rd at best.
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
        You need to run it to get it all out otherwise you only get about 1/3rd at best.
        What, out of the hose or you talkin bout the drain plug?

Comment

Originally posted by Apache View Post
          What, out of the hose or you talkin bout the drain plug?

Comment

Wait and do it by the 2 bucket method!

AFAIK It's the only way to empty/change the torque convertor. Unless a transmission place uses a power pump.
            www.europa88.co.uk Loadsa mods!

Comment

Follow this guide......

http://www.lexls.com/tutorials/trans...ransflush.html

Yes, yes I know it's for a Lexus, but it's the same M.O. just remember where it says drivers side, you do the opposite, and use Dexron II/III fluid.

Comment

Working...
              X