idling problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279 View Post
    17th on the top posters list, and need to get some whoring in, i'm only a couple ahead of graham atm.
    33 - god thats an awful lot of waffle
    How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
      i might have spouted more waffle than you, but you've been doing it quicker, 6.56 posts a day, won't take long for you to catch up at that rate
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

ok thanks all for the speedy replies gonna sleep on it and see if i can figure out which one it is in the morning .

I have a friend who has a 3.0 ssrg parked up waiting to sell so can swap bits to mine to eliminate problems the cheaper way (fingers crossed its NOT the diesel pump) many thanks again will post tomorrow. )

Comment

Sorry mate - you get used to the thread hijacks - good luck.

An on that note I am off too - night all
          Last edited by Bibs; 21 June 2008, 01:24.
          How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Not sleeping yet cause its bugging me just read somewhere on some distant link i found that if the egr valve is stuck open it leads to irregular engine performance ie: stalls and rough idling and if its stuck closed then could lead to turbo blowing.This leads me to believe if it is the valve at all then the symptoms im having point towards the valve being stuck open.

Now my question here is if i clamp off the pipe but the egr valve is stuck open does that mean it wont make any difference at all ?

p.s oh and another thing is if i was to go outside in the morning and actually unbolt the valve to check it without running engine should it be in the closed position ??

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
              I agree mainly under the influience ......no doubt... of others !!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

Originally posted by stewuk View Post
                Not sleeping yet cause its bugging me just read somewhere on some distant link i found that if the egr valve is stuck open it leads to irregular engine performance ie: stalls and rough idling and if its stuck closed then could lead to turbo blowing.This leads me to believe if it is the valve at all then the symptoms im having point towards the valve being stuck open.
                Most of us on here block it off so it never opens so i dont no bout where u read turbo blowin
                i blocked mine only last week n just over half tank later i seem to be alittle better on the mpg front

I just know when its blocked off it shud stay closed

Comment

ok blocked egr valve off today still runs like a bag of s*&t as explained in first post , any other suggestions would be warmly welcomed

Comment

Hi all , took the inlet manifold off today along with the egr valve there is no carbon build up at all and i can manually open and close the valve with no effort at all. Im kinda out of ideas here as everything moves ok as it should unless it could be one of the many sensors, and suggestions would be very much appreciated .

p.s Do any of you think it could be the injectors doing this ? Ive run a bottle of cleaner through the last half tank of diesel but there was no difference but im told that doesnt always work.

Comment

Was this problem apparent before the sensor problem you've just sorted happened?

Comment

It started doing it before i found the turbo sensor pipe had snapped off . Changed the sensor the car now drives fine apart from when idling , it stalls most of the time and if i manage to keep it running when i pull away it belches out pure black smoke which i presume is unburnt diesel .

But (if the car wasnt in bits as of today), if i went out and started it it would start on the button with no smoke at all and happily idle there all day if i left it but as soon as i drive it when i get to the first junction it coughs and splutters and the black smoke starts .

Comment

One assumes the fuel and, especially, air filter are in good nick?

Edit: You say you've blocked the EGR. Is that merely by blocking the vac pipe to the assembly, or have you fitted a blanking plate?
                          Last edited by MattF; 25 June 2008, 21:37.

Comment

Serviced it in January only thing i didnt change (cause they didnt send it with my order) was the fuel filter.

Egr valve i blocked the vac pipe off but today i took it off completely to see if it was stuck but there is no carbon at all and i can open and close it manually.The fuel is ok ive filled itup twice since it started.

Comment

Pop a new fuel filter on.

Comment

Gonna do that asap, but i cant see that being the problem seeing at it drives fine once it clears when have pulled away from a junction, unless im sorely mistaken.

Comment

Working...
                                X