Tony N or Bushwacker - Antifreeze?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tony N or Bushwacker - Antifreeze?

Hi guys, sorry to be so personal to you pair but you seem to help me out everytime, not that i need help often, your knowledge is second to none. My trusty 2nd gen KZN130 3.0 Auto is having a new rad tomorrow. I was just wondering about antifreeze as it seems like an oil type substance in there at the moment. Will normal blue glycol be okay or are the Surfs happier on a certain type? I`m towing to Belgium next month so need to be safer than sorry.

Cheers, Ben.

I was just going to post some advice, but I wouldn't wish to give you inferior information, so I shan't.

Comment

Bloomin hell matt! Who stole the Jam out of your Doughnut!

Comment

Matt,

I`m not being funny at all mate, I am not a regular forum user, its just that when you have had real bad advice before you tend to stick with someone you know has proved right in the past.

Sorry if you were/are offended.

Ben.

Comment

If you're replacing the rad, best to flush the system out completely and use either red or green. If it isn't pre-mixed, make sure you use deionised or distilled water to mix with the anti-freeze, rather than bog standard tap water.

Green will mix with any colour other than red if you haven't removed all traces of old coolant from the system. Red will mix with nothing other than red. Other than the fact that red has a longer service life, both red and green are suitably matched in all other regards. Blue is your bog standard stuff.

For the minor saving, (if any), you may make by using blue, I honestly wouldn't recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattF View Post
            If you're replacing the rad, best to flush the system out completely and use either red or green. If it isn't pre-mixed, make sure you use deionised or distilled water to mix with the anti-freeze, rather than bog standard tap water.

Green will mix with any colour other than red if you haven't removed all traces of old coolant from the system. Red will mix with nothing other than red. Other than the fact that red has a longer service life, both red and green are suitably matched in all other regards. Blue is your bog standard stuff.

For the minor saving, (if any), you may make by using blue, I honestly wouldn't recommend it.
            You forgot to add a smiley - narky nickers
            How can I be lost when I've got no where to go

Comment

Toyota Red every Time about £15 squid from a Stealer ..... enough said !!!!!

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
              Buncefield Burner

Comment

ben they made all that up, wait for one of your trusted sources to turn up.
                Brian

Comment

Originally posted by Bibs View Post
                  You forgot to add a smiley - narky nickers

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie View Post
                    ben they made all that up, wait for one of your trusted sources to turn up.
                    But Yoshie ya didn't tell Ben, Vince n Tony are Holidaying for 2 weeks

There's always a Payback .... Ya just never ever see it Comin !!!!
                    Buncefield Burner

Comment

Ok Guys,

Many thanks for the help and the comedy side of it all, you can trust Surf drivers not to take things seriously. I`ll go and get some of the red stuff from the stealers.

Comment

Hi Ben, I would get the Toyota red stuff if you're re-newing the rad, and also, check the condition of the transmission fluid and replace or top-up if it has been changed recently.
                        If you have the time/know-how/spare cash, fit a transmission cooler too if you're towing long distance. It's not critical, but your transmission will thank you for it.

Comment

Ok my friend thanks for the reply as usual. the red stuff seems the one people are recommending. I will get it sorted.

Comment

Working...
                          X