No announcement yet.

Problems starting up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i was just wondering because i've got 4 after-market alloys on mine and a standard spare, they are a deep dish type, which are quite rare and seem to stick out from the truck level with the wheel arch extensions.
    i replaced the two front tyres last year with 265/70/15 maching the back ones, but have noticed that after a 2" suspension lift and having the tracking camber and caster done a year ago, both inner front tyres have got a fair bit of wear on them even though the truck runs as straight as a dye with no shaking at any speed. i'me going to swap them to the backs at the end of the month while they are still legal.

i've got 4 standard wheels up the shed so with the spare, a full set.
    and plan to buy 5 x 31" tyres in later months, i don't know if i will need wheel spacers to push them out to retain the same look as the ones on it allready, the tyre walls being level with the weel arch extensions,

oh yes what was i getting at

i never noticed that 265/70/15 where significantly different than 26/75/15 and 31/10.50 /15

Comment

OK I had a look and the new tyre is simply a 31x10.5x15 to match the others on the truck.
      I'm no expert but i'd guess that the wheel alignment wasn't done quite right. Maybe if both wheels are to the same degree, then it may not vibrate or shake?
      I would imagine that if you wanted the original wheels to come out from the arches you'd need to fit wheel spacers. The deep dish wheels must have a different offset to standard

Comment

a bit of an update: well the truck has been starting fine all week until today when it started playing up again, clicking instead of turning over. It's interesting though because it's only done it when its started to rain. Now I think about it it started with the clicking when we had some heavy rain before. When I took it to the garage the weather was hot and sunny and there was no problems. And this last week it's been dry and it's been fine. Then it rains and it starts doing it again.
        Do you guys think it could still be the starter motor, or could it be water getting somewhere it shouldn't?
        thanks for all the help and replies so far

Comment

Well it has completely died today and refuses to start. I'm going to get the refurb kit from roughtrax.
          Is it worth getting the starter brush ring at the same time as the repair kit?
          And does anyone in the nottinghamshire/chesterfield/derby fancy earning a little bit of money by doing it for me
          thanks

Comment

I had all the same issues you described. My starter motor gave a hint that it was ailing, then "cured" itself, for a while. The guy that fitted the starter motor repair kit [an auto electrician] did suggest that flagging batteries can sound the death knell to a starter, and sure enough, a week after the starter motor was repaired, the batteries started doing strange things before dying.

The Roughtrax kit worked fine, although there was a suggestion that the genuine Toyota one was as cheap. Ever since I got the batteries and starter sorted out, it fires just as soon as you apply thumb pressure to the key..

Re the brush ring..The guy that fitted mine said it was usually always the contacts, so personally, i'd not bother.

Comment

Working...
            X