wheel arch splash gaurd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wheel arch splash gaurd

Hi , in need of help. I have got a replacement aerial for my 3rd gen ( 96 ) surf and have been trying to remove the splash gaurd . I have taken all the retaining bolts out and have unclipped the plastic clips but i can't seem to get it out from under the wheel arch , can any one shed any light on how to remove this inorder to replace my aerial , or any other way.
    Thanks in advance guys
    Paul

i did mine yesterday allthough its an ssrx model, part of the splash guard tucks down behind the mud flap so i had to undo the innermost mud flap bolt and pull it upwards, the guard is quite flexable so i could bend it about a bit.
    i didn't take the whole thing out, just held it over to one side a bit with my left elbow, there is only one bolt holds the arial mechanism in place under there and the chrome castle type one at the top.
    Last edited by davemaxx; 28 May 2008, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by davemaxx View Post
      i did mine yesterday allthough its an ssrx model, part of the splash guard tucks down behind the mud flap so i had to undo the innermost mud flap bolt and pull it upwards, the guard is quite flexable so i could bend it about a bit.
      i didn't take the whole thing out, just held it over to one side a bit with my left elbow, there is only one bolt holds the arial mechanism in place under there and the chrome castle type one at the top.
      Thank's mate , used yours and stormforce's advice and now sorted and working great.

Thanks mate

Paul

Comment

Working...
      X