Rumble & Judder at low speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumble & Judder at low speed

About 8 months ago I did the almighty dual -> solid mass conversion on my 3TD surf, not as smooth but tats a tiny tradeoff for the cost of the solid.

Anyway, it's all gone well to date, except now the old girl's started developing a rumble, or judder at about 30-50kph, only in 2nd & 3rd, and worse re-engaging the clutch de-celerating in 3rd gear. Pretty weird - so as I'm approaching an intersection, change up from 4th to 4rd, and as the clutch is mashing back together it will rumble until the clutch is fully engaged...then pretty much dies away.

All other gears seem fine, have just had all fluids and a loob done but it's not really helped.

I have been through the posts here, and might try a few things suggested such as UJ's etc....but just seems weird being only those two gears, and only with the speed range they are normally operated in.

Has me thinking possibly [ hopefully ] a driveshaft issue [not clutch ]- but hoping someone else has experienced something similar and if so any solutions to it? Or ideas?

Cheers,

G
Working...
X