yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has been running on veg oil the longest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who has been running on veg oil the longest?

Hi All,
    As above i am considering running my L/C well it is a Toyota and it has the same engine a Surf ie 1KZ-TE so dont diss me lads and lasses I would have bought a Surf but needed the extra seats so back to my question who has been using veg oil the longest with or without ill efffects I have got my own bio reactor and a free supply of wvo BUT am not set up properly yet so may try a bit of wvo when filtered any advice or experiences please
    Cheers,
    Chas.

make sure you have a new fuel filter at hand as the wvo/svo will probably loosen the crap in the tank and block the filter.I've been using svo on 2 different trucks for about 4 years and haven't had any problems at all and i got no heaters etc for it.Start off with a low mix and increase the %.You will know when the truck isn't happy with the higher mix due to the running of it,but i can run mine on nearly 100% during the warm weather and cut back to about 50% in the colder months
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

on and off different mixes for 3 and a bit years
      Tim
      Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies the only thing that worries me is gumming up of injectors and other bits long term but hopefully on bio by then
        Cheers,
        Chas.

Comment

Originally posted by cbv8 View Post
          Thanks for the quick replies the only thing that worries me is gumming up of injectors and other bits long term but hopefully on bio by then
          Each time you change the fuel filter fill to the top with redex or atf and drive the truck like you stole it in order to give the fuel system a good clean.Every so often put some in 1/4 tank of fuel just to keep it running smooth.

Comment

Originally posted by cbv8 View Post
            oh yeah forgot to say im running modyfied injectors from diesel bob to help the use of veg apparently. I have a fuelcat on too
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

Nice one lads but i am still waiting to hear any bad experiences on using veg oil i intend using wvo when filtered is anyone using wvo
              Cheers,
              Chas.

Comment

I think the worst thing i've heard and thats the seals on the fuel pump tend to leak.You can get the new seals from Milners easy enough.You get a bit more of a lumpy start first thing but after a couple of mins its ok.I don't think theres been any bad experiences by using wvo/svo unless i've missed the post.Theres a few that use the wvo TonyN for one

Comment

Working...
                X