Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4wd Not Selecting?

Hi All

Already read a few previous posts on the same problem I seem to have.
    The lights for 4WD flash and so does the diff light, the relay clicks and the diff also clicks, no 4WD selects I have tried the reverse full lock technique also tried forward at various speeds and no results, any ideas ways to get
    4WD to select.

i take it you mean by the button ?? if so select 4wd by stick and drive back and forth a few times dont drive around corners etc , mines a bit tempramental to
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Mine was the same, when I got to Wales, the damn thing wouldn't engage, and it took a few trys and some pushing the stick in and out, and pressing of the button lots, and turning of steering whel maddly before she would engage permenantly, give it a little stick, especially if you haven't used it for a while.
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Cheers

Ive never used it before in 4WD Ive only had it a month.
        replaced the viscous, still got a binding rear brake to deal with, the 4WD wont engage exhaust looks like being replaced sooner than later its only done 68000 the bloke I got it from only did 5000 miles in the 3 years he had it which may explain some of the faults.

Comment

Still no 4WD even selecting with stick the lights keep flashing, but no engament of 4WD. Maybe the old man I bought it from was a wise old man.

What with the overheating when towing and no 4WD, sounds like I bought a WRONG-EN?

Comment

Working...
          X