Air con filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air con filter

Ive just purchased a surf abused by a heavy smoker,when you put the air con on.it refilters the stale smell of fags,is there a way to replace any filters?.

Originally posted by Gilbo
    Ive just purchased a surf abused by a heavy smoker,when you put the air con on.it refilters the stale smell of fags,is there a way to replace any filters?.
    Not sure on the 3.0 but my 2.4 ain't got any air con filters????
    Say not always what you know, but always know what you say.

My 4x4
    My choice
    Back off

Comment

i haven't seen any obvious filters on a 3rd gen... only thing i can think of would be to put some heavy duty magic trees on the intake side of the fan (under the bonnet grille?) and that will freshen it up over time??... bottle of febreze?
      not helping much... but i think it comes straight through... possibly if you have the heater set on recirculate then it will be picking up the smell from the carpet.
      nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Cheers .Its the lonesome pine and a 46 gallon drum of fabreeze for me then,
        Ta

Comment

clear the smell

You can get this fabreeze spray at any supermarket that kills the bacteria that causes whiffs. If you spray into your air intakes it makes your car any car smell great and it lasts too. I fixed my mondeo and my range rover smells using this stuff at £2 a bottle. Alternatively you can go to an expensive air con technician and they will deoderise for several tenners.

Comment

tou can also take the vents off and stick a fish in the heater on barry's mazda that looked like the mirth mobile off waynesworld... he didn't notice for months.
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Originally posted by Gilbo

try taking out the ashtray and holder giving it a good clean. that seemed to help with mine.
              ScubaSurf

The place to be is under the sea

Comment

Originally posted by Scubasurf
                try taking out the ashtray and holder giving it a good clean. that seemed to help with mine.
                Take up smoking, then you won't notice it. Toyota were very kind when they designed the Surf and put that lovely little place in the console to put your smokes and a lighter in.

Comment

Working...
                X